Striped my red srt-10, kinda like the comp coupe.

djemcee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I decided I wanted stripes. So went to my favorite body shop and had them paint on a charcoal gray semi metallic stripe. I really think it helps off set the red a little. I like it, and most people who have seen it like it. Just thought I would post some pics.

You must be registered for see images attach

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I decided I wanted stripes. So went to my favorite body shop and had them paint on a charcoal gray semi metallic stripe. I really think it helps off set the red a little. I like it, and most people who have seen it like it. Just thought I would post some pics.

... and now I like it too! :)

alexWS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool, I bet it looks better with the top down. Next, you need some charcoal centered wheels

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DJ,

The stripes look great! Really makes the car look better from the front. Looks like the paint shop did a bang-up job. Congratulations bro.

WickedV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, they look great. The stripes also make the rear end look much better.
Djemcee, have you ever thought of putting clear marker lights on your SRT?

WickedV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great but can anyone photoshop that same stripe in blue on a silver SRT ?? And I wonder about what it would cost ? Thanks great look !

7482stripes.jpg

:2tu:

Mach500

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of stripes on SRT-10's, but your stripes look GREAT! :2tu: It's the best I've seen on SRT-10's so far. Congrats!

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like that blue on silver (I have silver). I think I'll do it. Any thoughts on having it painted vs tape? How much did it cost to paint on the silver on red? Thanks for doing the blue on silver

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
vinyl has got to be thousands cheaper, and easy to return the car to stock it no problem w/ vinyl graphics, similar to the fader strip that is out.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somebody would have to custom make the stripes though since the lines on the hood stripes are not straight (vs. the 8" stripes you can buy off the shelf).
With those curves on the hood it would take a pro to get it right the first time.

Jesse97GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That looks great, the stripes make the car look so much better. Great paint job.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did he lay the stripes over the existing paint or grind it down to have the no seem look? Regardless that looks top quality.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey DJ,

Looks good. Who did the paint? I'm in so cal and need some touch up work, and maybe.....?

DJ Everts

OP
OP
D

djemcee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Thanks for the positive comments. First, vinyl will never look shine or mirror like paint. Vinyl is very dull. This is why I wanted paint. Second, vinyl only comes in a few primary colors. Hard to find vinyl in as many color options as paint (color, how much metallic, etc..), paint will also last longer to the sun. Paint can also have a nice fade at the back of the stripe if you want or even start out one color and end up another. Basically there is a huge amount of options with paint. As for grinding down the old paint. No grinding was done. Yes there is a little lip where the stripe is, but you do get a lip with vinyl as well. You can have a pinstripe guy lay a second 1/8 inch stripe over the edge to blend it if you want. The place is called European motorcar works in Newport beach/Santa Ana. They mostly do jags and land rovers with some vettes too. There shop is so high tech it's not even funny. It cost me 1400.00 because they had to remove the rear bumper cover to spray underneath. originally was going to be 1000.00 but he always make sure he does the best job. so I agreed to pay the extra to have it done right. Dropped it off Monday and had it back Friday.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the vinyl fader stripe i have is quite shiney actually. and many graphics companies have printers that will print in almost any color or patern. at least thats what a guy here told me his will do and then they are laser cut if heard correctly

OP
OP
D

djemcee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one's on the white look like they are the same width all the way through. I did not want a stock looking vinyl stripe. Does anyone know if this is true, or does the white cars stripes taper? Also notice they stopped at the bumper on the back. This is where the extra cost came in when I had him continue all the way down under the car passed the fins.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In previous posts elsewhere, the white viper with the black "snake scale" stripes was the one that PVO/SRT raced at Luke Days(Luke AFB) against a F16 jet fighter. The stripes up close are actually done in a snake scale motif. I think Marv S has some pictures from a year ago at the event. This was the first exposure of the Viper community to "Bright White" as a color and the color used on the White Mamba.