Strips yes or no? Opinions wanted

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TAKE A LOOK AT THIS CAR AND SEE WHAT YOU THINK..

207101_0126-med.JPG

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Try something different, silver stripes to match the rims.
Try a small area of vinyl with your color of choice to see what looks best. In my opinion, stripes add to the lines of the car, and draws attention to all areas of sweeps and curves.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just say No.
I think they take away from the curves of the hood and Gurney blisters on the roof.

2000 GTS Steel Grey
6 piston Baer claws up front, Front brakes in back, Quaife differential, GKH half shafts,
Alloy fly wheel, Short throw shifter, Polished aluminum intakes, K&N air filters,
Optima battery, Sterling silver ignition key, ACR 5 point harnesses.

Donzi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sapphire hit it right on the money.......not with that wing!

Don

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sapphire hit it right on the money.......not with that wing!

Agreed. Also, I always thought the black stripes on a yellow car reminded me of a "bumble bee". What about silver or even white stripes on a yellow viper?

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh Andrew, that's because you don't have stripes. Hurry up and stripe your car.. Your car looks bland without them.. hehe. :)

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Strips are more for race cars. I like the exotic, sports car look.
I like strips on Vipers, just not mine. :)

2000 GTS Steel Grey :usa:
6 piston Baer claws up front, Front brakes in back, Quaife differential, GKH half shafts,
Alloy fly wheel, Short throw shifter, Polished aluminum intakes, K&N air filters,
Optima battery, Sterling silver ignition key, ACR 5 point harnesses.

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ask this question every time I take my Viper out.

Most girls say = No stripes

Most guys say = I like the stripes

When I bought my Viper, I did not want stripes. But now they have grown on me.

I think one of the best looking cars in the Kansas City club is a Yellow GTS with Silver stripes. It just looks perfect.

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am with Andrew. And interestingly, Jerry hit it right on the nose - most of female friends are not too fond of the stripes - mainly b/c they are used to seeing it on ricer cars etc. HOWEVER, with the wing, I may even suggest stripe. I personally wanted a very clean solid color for mine :)

4B Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waited a few months before putting stripes on, but as soon as the stripes went on the Viper, I felt like I was driving a completely different car. It wouldn't seem like it would make that much of a difference, but the stripes just seem to add a whole different feel to the Viper. People's reactions to the snake after seeing it with stripes was noticably different and positive as well.

Just get vinyl stripes to see if you like it and if you don't like them, peel them off.

Also, I've seen a yellow Viper with white stripes. Pretty sweet. I do agres that yellow w/ black stripes is a bit bumble-beeish tho.

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How young do you have to be to associate stipes with ricers. All race cars and many of the earlier sports cars all had stripes, that is why they were called Racing Stipes. A must on our racing inspired Vipers. Just do it.

Mighty GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Stripes..Yes! I don't have them yet, but I am getting them. A couple of the most awesome cars ever produced,IMHO, all had stripes.. 1970 chevelle ls6, 1969
rs/ss camaro bigblock-4spd, and the almighty...70' HEMI
CUDA with the blacked out HEMI side panels...SCHWEEETTT!!!

Screw the ricers...They are trying to be like us, not the other way around. :2tu:

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agonized over this for literally years. I finally decided to go with vinyl in a white metallic pearl color. For $160 in materials and another $400 in labor I figured if I didn't like it it was only a $600 reversible mistake.Some guys who did their own stripes have posted pictures of their cars with beautiful results so it can be done yourself with a lot of time and patience.
I've gotten nothing but compliments on the stripes and to be honest I really like them. I'll live with it for the summer and if I still fell the same way I'll have them painted on. A friend of mine has a yellow GTS with the same wing and frong spoiler/air dam you do and he has his car striped in a light silver metallic. His stripes are tapered like the comp coupe style and it looks incredible. I'll try to get you pictures.
Here is a photo of mine.

http://vca2.viperclub.org/gallery/data/500/56front_quarter.JPG

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
That's my bumble bee that Adam posted. I love that picture, thanks again.

Another personal thing I guess. I owned several vettes like many viper owners and one was a 75 yellow that I also had srtiped. I can tell you this the attention level went up after the striping. The thing I love about Vipers is that it almost seems no 2 are alike and they are always an event when spotted.

GO with your heart and your own ego !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Every GTS should have stripes, Rt/10 look better without. Do you think the blue/white combo would be as popular if it was just blue?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte