Strips yes or no? Opinions wanted

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just say no!!!Stripes=Race car look. No stripes=Exotic look. IMHO stripes take away some of the curves because the eye is automatically drawn to the stripes and not the whole body of the car. Either way it's impossible to screw up a Viper!!!

DR VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Stripes will definitely make the car look a whole lot more aggresive than it is now.Some people prefer the more subtle look(without the stripes),myself not being one of them.
My car is solid black and I've been debating the same question since I got the car.Haven't found a color to match my Connolly interior,however!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like red with stripes
I like blue with stripes
I like white, saph, graphite, and silver with stripes.

For some reason I think yellow looks better without stripes.

OP
OP

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WoW! Thanks for all the responses. It's interesting how some are totally for them and others are not.
I'm gonna give it more thought and if I do stripes I'll probably do vinyl to make sure I'm happy with them.
Either way the car will look good.
Maybe I just need to see a bumblee car in person
Dr.Roof I need to see your car!!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
" ask this question every time I take my Viper out.
Most girls say = No stripes"

"Most guys say = I like the stripes
am with Andrew. And interestingly, Jerry hit it right on the nose - most of female friends are not too fond of the stripes - mainly b/c they are used to seeing it on ricer cars etc. HOWEVER, with the wing, I may even suggest stripe. I personally wanted a very clean solid color for mine"

These ladies are being very polite and politically correct to you poor guys who do not have stripes. Of COURSE they are going to tell you your car looks better without stripes, your car is underendowed, they feel SORRY for you and don't want to hurt your feelings. Put those stripes on and you will have achieved a whole new level of interaction with the opposite sex, there will be lipstick kisses on them when you come back to the parking lot. Oh, and I vote for black stripes, and on a bumblebee that wing looks just fine!

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
" ask this question every time I take my Viper out.
Most girls say = No stripes"

"Most guys say = I like the stripes
am with Andrew. And interestingly, Jerry hit it right on the nose - most of female friends are not too fond of the stripes - mainly b/c they are used to seeing it on ricer cars etc. HOWEVER, with the wing, I may even suggest stripe. I personally wanted a very clean solid color for mine"

These ladies are being very polite and politically correct to you poor guys who do not have stripes. Of COURSE they are going to tell you your car looks better without stripes, your car is underendowed, they feel SORRY for you and don't want to hurt your feelings. Put those stripes on and you will have achieved a whole new level of interaction with the opposite sex, there will be lipstick kisses on them when you come back to the parking lot. Oh, and I vote for black stripes, and on a bumblebee that wing looks just fine!
Ok Lee it is time to put the bottle down now. You've had a little too much of Grandpa's cough syrup. Just playing with ya!!! :2tu:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great photo, ( go fast for life).

My eye will focus more on the color contrast than the Beautiful curves of the body and I love the curves

I think Vipers are so rare to the average guy, that, with or without strips will not matter, they are just blown away to be in the presents of a Dodge Viper.

2000 GTS Steel Grey
6 piston Baer claws up front, Front brakes in back, Quaife differential, GKH half shafts,
Alloy fly wheel, Short throw shifter, Polished aluminum intakes, K&N air filters,
Optima battery, Sterling silver ignition key, ACR 5 point harnesses.

OP
OP

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2manytoys....Buy another viper with stripes...

I've already thought of that.
If I wasn't building a house right now I would already have another one.
Probably Sapphire with Silver stripes or 96/97 Blue/White. Oh and I like the FE cars.

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get yellow stripes on your car. It will solve your dilemna.

Mike