Stryker Red w/ Black Stripes GTS (mule car)

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These were posted on The SRT Viper Facebook page. I remember a thread about this combo, it's on a mule!

--RS

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Not crazy about the "mule" wheels.....still prefer STRYKER RED without the stripes....not crazy about the tan interior....but having said that..still prettier than any non-viper out there! IMHO!

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the stripes. The SR paint with out stripes just seems to make it look to Ferrari to me. The stripes bring back to Viper looks. I would never splurge for that paint, but can appreciate it for the time it takes to do that color. I think it's an amazing color, just too hard to repair to live with.

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HA! so true. ...but it has 25 bajillion coats, completely worth 20k... I like the black stripes on it btw.
How is it that the Gen IV dark metallic red was a dog but this is so desirable? It looks the same to me. The name right?

OP
OP
V

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is it that the Gen IV dark metallic red was a dog but this is so desirable? It looks the same to me. The name right?

It's not, it really isn't. Venom Red is a deep candy red with no orange flake in it. Compared to Stryker Red, Stryker DOES have orange flake in it and as mentioned is a 26 coat process before clear. It's a finicky color, under light it's a smooth healthy red. Under then sun it just explodes.

--RS

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The solid/non-metallic black stripes are too contrasting with that color, IMHO. Dulls the whole car down. I prefer it without stripes, but perhaps a metallic stripe in a different color would compliment it a bit better.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not, it really isn't. Venom Red is a deep candy red with no orange flake in it. Compared to Stryker Red, Stryker DOES have orange flake in it and as mentioned is a 26 coat process before clear. It's a finicky color, under light it's a smooth healthy red. Under then sun it just explodes.

--RS

IIRC, the 26-coat process was used on the styling buck at VOI, but the actual Stryker Red color uses like 4 or 6 coats of paint.

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
Hey, don't pick on the UGLY wheels... they are for our safety, and ability to test right through the winter... :) There is one engineering car out there though with snows on a set of black OZ rims that actually looks pretty boss, but that is usually with a certain dynamics whisperer... As for the red, it is just as awesome as people are saying. Go see one in person then comment. It has tons of "flop" or chameleon nature to it... it will go nearly yellow in sunlight. The polarizing effects of most cameras looses quite a bit of the "wow" factor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss