Sun bad for exposed CF ACR wing?

ACRJUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is sun exposure bad for my carbon fiber ACR wing? I just got a new house and there is a window in the garage. I noticed that for a few hours out of the day, the sun come through and hits the rear of the car. Just wondering if over time it dull or yellow the finish. Im thinking about putting someothing over the window?

Also, anyone know a good place to buy cool viper garage stuff, like flags, posters etc?

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty much anything will eventually show signs of sun damage, but I doubt you'll have anything to worry about. If it bugs you, you could always put a UV coating on the window, or keep the car covered :) You probably have more risk of a bike or some other large object scratching the car than getting noticeable sun damage indoors.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on the coating. I have a real carbon fiber hood on my S351R Saleen and the underside is really yellowed from the heat, etc. In your case, I would just leave a car cover on it as it sounds like it is sitting for most of the day.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't the clearcoat that 100% protects the exposed carbon fiber bits on the ZR1 like 30000 bucks a gallon?

If so, I haven't heard of them using that stuff on ACR bits.
I'd avoid unnecessary sunlight.

V

Venomiss

Home Page - Viper Club of America - Illinois Region

Try the Illinois group for some really cool custom banners that they do every year.

There are also posters of most of the Viper Magazines covers that you can buy if they still have them at JRT. They were $399 for all of them so if you are interested you can call the 1-800-998-1110 number and ask. A local member here framed them all for his garage and it looks very nice.
Pictures of it are here.
http://forums.viperclub.org/general-viper-discussion/626605-cool-new-viper-garage.html