****** super comps?

VENM8R

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As listed on the Holly website:
Features
50 state legal header (C.A.R.B. E.O.# D-164-6)
Longer, more equal tube lengths than the competition
Bolts directly to stock exhaust
2-Piece design for easy installation
Coated with ******'s metallic ceramic thermal barrier coating
PART # 5003HKR
You must be registered for see images

Can someone who has owned this type, tell me if there is a flexible area right before the bend at the header collectors? It doesn't look like solid/straight? tubing. I can't decide between this and two others.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am getting ready to install a set of Borlas on my car in a couple of weeks, but decided to cut out the flex pipe due to it's horrible design(bad flow capabilities). What are the arguments for or against? I figure I will pick up some HP, but not sure how much. Oh yeah, no cats.

Mike

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One worry that I have with this system is that the flex pipe is an integrated part of the system. If you look at the Belanger system, you will note that there is a flange before where the flex pipe would be installed:

You must be registered for see images

Even the OE system has a section that is banded together at this point.

This is to facilitate tear down of the system in case you have to take it apart for some reason. The bend at the flex pipe goes through a hole in the structure before it enters the sill. With the Hookers, if you weld on the cats (or even a straight pipe), you would have to cut them off if you ever needed to tear it down.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
onerareviper said:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>True, but why would you have to weld the cat? It seems like a quality clamp could do the trick. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, depends on the size of your cat.

silkey said:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>to each his own.the only thing i was thinking about was since the pipes are solid,you have to rely on something giving.maybe the mount where the pipe takes a bend will flex enough.i just figured that if the factory put the flex pipe on there,maybe i should to.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, silkey, the flex pipe is a good thing. No arguments there.