Supercar Battle is On

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zr1 beats Viper 0-100-0 The Viper is not an ACR though... They were tied 0-100 but the vette stopped quicker

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper leads standing mile but loses to the ZR-1 when the Viper shifted to 5th after the 3/4 mark.

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper takes the head to head by a a little better than a car length but ZR-1 wins overall.

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Was that a 2009 or 2010 Viper?

The 5th and 6th gear changs in the 2010 would have helped in the mile run.

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tanner claims the Corvette is the "Greatest American Supercar Built Today" I say Ladies Choice Award :D

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're both great cars. Some wondered why they weren't using an ACR; but, the ACR is drag limited to 177 mph.

So, which one is the best car? Heck if I know, guess I'll have to toss a coin about which one to drive tomorrow.

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper leads standing mile but loses to the ZR-1 when the Viper shifted to 5th after the 3/4 mark.

The Viper must have been an 09...I think the 2010 would have done better in the mile with its revised 5th gear.

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're both great cars. Some wondered why they weren't using an ACR; but, the ACR is drag limited to 177 mph.

So, which one is the best car? Heck if I know, guess I'll have to toss a coin about which one to drive tomorrow.

The ACR would have won every competition ther than the mile...easy:drive:

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is it they tested the regular Viper against the top of the line 'Vette? Why not a regular Viper against a regular 'Vette or an ACR against a ZR-1?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It wouldn't be fair if they tested a Base vette, a GS or a Z06 vette against a base Viper. None of the GMs would have a chance.

The base viper against the "Highest horsepower car ever built" ZR1 allows GM to win, barely.

Yah, even the driver said that as soon as he put it in 5th gear there was no more acceleration so I'm thinking it must be an 09? A 2010 would not have stopped accelerating with a usable 5th like the "emissions" 5 and 6 gears all the other Vipers got. Couldn't use a 2010 - the 'base' Viper would have won then. The Viper was at least 2 car lengths in front of the ZR1 when he went into 5th.

SR 27

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why is it they tested the regular Viper against the top of the line 'Vette? Why not a regular Viper against a regular 'Vette or an ACR against a ZR-1?

Hmmmm, because the Chevy would loose.Tire this, gears that,2009,2010, uphill, tailwinds,junk tires.Think of some more. No excuses,the Dodge got beat. Does it really matter? Nope, unless you're worried about going to the next car show and having a Chevy guy tell you how his car outran yours on TV. Swap drivers or put Ricky Bobby in the Dodge and the outcome might be different,and it still wouldn't matter.

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not MY Vipers an 09 Viper. I have a superchargers too, and Nitrous. LOL

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper takes the head to head by a a little better than a car length but ZR-1 wins overall.

Guess what? I love my Viper and even if the Vette wins this event,i wouldn't trade mine for two of them. When you drive a vette,people say ..hmmm,good looking vette this year...when you drive a Viper,people saw WOW! that is one **** Bad ass beast! Don't get me wrong,i really like some model years of Vette,but the Viper has always looked and ran great since the get go.:2tu:

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best part of the show was the final event head to head. Tanner got a great jump in the ZR-1 after it was clear that Paul just whiffed on the start. After the ZR-1 was out in front by almost 2 cars, Paul managed to go by him as soon as he had the opportunity and edge him out by a car at the finish.

Funny how Tanner qualified his staement with Built Today

Tanner claims the Corvette is the "Greatest American Supercar Built Today"

Overall... 2 very awesome cars... and a great show.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an 09 SRT (waiting on my 10) and have driven a ZR1. I almost bought the Z but decided to go the extra mile for investment purposes and got a GT.

The Z is a wonderful car, but if you are more than 10 paces away it looks like a $40,000 Vette and I just couldn't get past that. Also, they are not very exclusive. In 2010 they made about 1500 Zs--three times as many Z06s.

The fact that a "standard" SRT can hang with the most GM has to offer and beat it in certain categories says a lot. The ACR is a fairer fight and maybe even a standard 2010.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We all know the simple answer -----------

ACR vs ZR1 at Nurburgring -- Winner ACR
ACR with Chris Winkler driving at Laguna Seca 1:33 , with latest tests of the ZR1 at the same track 1:36 --- Winner ACR

Viper tested was an 09 --- and yes the new gearing may have taken the ZR1 in top speed . That could have flipped it to 3-2 Viper -- overall just makes me root more for Samuel Hubinette to go whip Tanner's little Chebby lubbing butt in this year's Drift Competition.

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thats what i said just as the show started? :dunno:

Still it was fun to watch. :drive:

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats what i said just as the show started? :dunno:

Still it was fun to watch. :drive:

One of the factors for not using the ACR could be the disparity in advertising dollars that will be spent one each of these cars in the forseeable future so why let Chrysler bring a Gun to a Knife fight...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper