Supercharged Insurance

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, the main point is being missed here....nobody is going to cover your car on the track...unless they misunderstand what happened or it was a "driver skill" type training session. Any TIMED event means racing and you are not covered. Unless you have paid the big bucks for specific racing coverage, price it and you will not buy it.
NOW HERE IS THE BIG THING BEING MISSED HERE. You guys all need AGREED VALUE insurance from a company like Grundy or Haggerty. You do NOT want to pay depreciated value for your car to a normal insurance carrier, the small specialty collector car guys like the above mentioned will pay you exactly what your car is worth to YOU. You state the agreed value is $75,000 and you pay the premium quoted, (which should be less than half any company mentioned in this thread) and you are good to go, they might ask for a couple pictures of the car. I have my Vette and the Viper insured this way. Check the depreciated value of your car at Kelly or any other source, I've got the GTS insured for agreed value of 65k with a premium I'm afraid to mention, my normal carrier would give me 45k if this car was totaled tommorow, and charge me twice as much per year as a premium, and I've been with that major carrier for over 20 years and have no tickets in that time, (I'm really good in court, lol) Be careful when you call for a quote to say it's a low mileage 2nd, 3rd or 4th car and the one exclusion they both have is that you can't drive it to work.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't Grundy have some limits for where you can drive the car?
I thought it was only in "events", like a club drive or a parade. I didn't think it was only a low miles limit.
I'M not sure about this, I just thought I remembered it that way from an earlier discussion.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grundy definitely limits where/how you can drive the car. I have several "collector" cars and did not go with Grundy for that reason. Be careful if you go with this kind of insurance. My current collector policy allows "pleasure" driving up to 2,500mi/yr. It can be taken to work but not as a daily driver.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only serious limits are mileage and taking it to work, now having said that if you read the policyies you can figure out how to fit in. I preferred Haggarty. Ray I would be interested in who you are insured with as I do like to take my cars to work a few times a year.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee,
I have Continental Western Insurance Company and use an independent insurance agent. The ability to use my cars for "pleasure driving" in addition to parades, clubs and the usual bs is what sold me on the policy. The rates were competitive with the others mentioned too. If I take my car to a restaurant and come out afterward and it's gone, I don't want to have to explain that the parade stopped there for lunch.

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talk is cheap! Who has made a claim and what have they paid? I'm very concerned as to what will happen if I make a claim. I've paid my premiums for years. I dread the day State Farm tells my what my car is worth if it's crashed, or stolen. My agent tells me you claim any value you want, they'll only pay what the book says it worth!

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pauls,
That's not a stated value policy. You can get stated value insurance that will pay you what you stated the value to be.