supercharger was it a mistake

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

But to compare doing gears to adding 200 rwhp to the car is a stupid comparison. Gears will make the car a little faster (if you can get it to hook) but they do make it more fun because you are going threw the gears faster. But adding 200 rwhp to a car is a totally different ball game.

This one was pretty good too. ;)

ACPERFORMANCE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would keep it very simple and say it like this:

I proper supercharger install and correctly tuned car will give you thousands and thousands of trouble free miles. SET UP CORRECTLY. And will be an absolute blast all the time when you drive it. Seat of the pants enjoyment is top notch.

Get somebody to install it and tune it that is good.... Reputable... and don't let your car be the "first viper" they have ever done. You will most definately pay the price if you go this route.

If you don't have anybody that you feel is qualified and that really is indeed qualified, just do a gear change. I have cars all over and set up right, you should be enjoying it not working on it.

Todd
A&C Performance
951 696 0500

ACPERFORMANCE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
and although gears are nice, power is power. It's easy to spin tires. When we're out playing it almost never happens from a stoplight. haha. Usually starting at 60-80mph when we get that guy who wants to run ya. That may be the point when you will either wish... or be glad.. you had a supercharger :)

If price is a factor, look at your long term goals. 700 rwhp and below can take gears and have fun. Above that you may not want gears :)

Todd

TR930

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2006 Coupe with 3.55 gears AND Paxton Novi supercharger. Gear changes are quick at WOT.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang