supercharger yea or nea???

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for all the info so far. it is greatly appreciated. especially since i am a uneducated viper owner. (learning quick as possible)so during my pursuit of more HP another possiblity as presented itself and need more info.

what is your thoughts on superchargers? anyone had good luck or bad luck? please help with info. i hope to make my performance upgrade decision real soon?

thanks

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say absolutely, I think I have one of if not the oldest supercharged cars on the board, by old I mean amount of time supercharged.My car has been supercharged for about 2.5 years now with no problems whatsoever.The car makes big horse (580)on the rear wheels through the stock exhaust with 5psi of boost. I think to be making that big power with so little done, (blower with no other mods) you have to be a supercharger fan, I know I am.

Reaction score
Cherm -
I have no excuse!

If I may prioritize your convenience 24/7 please shoot me an email or give me a call. Sorry if it took an open forum to get my attention... Let me know how I may accommodate you?

Regards,
Doug

John Moore

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you heard about the Twin turbochargers for under 10K and installs in a weekend? The development of this as a full blown, genuinely bolt on kit (as in no drilling, cutting, sawing,not even wire or hose cutting!) is just around the corner. Pictures of it should be appearing on the site within the next week or so.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before choosing which route to go, be sure and search the forum and choose your tuner / package carefully..

Regards,
Gerald

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Start out by telling your favorite tuner How much $$$ you want to spend and how fast you'd like to go.
SC,TT or Nos might be for you!

Chuck B 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best thing to do to a Viper is to SUPERCHARGE IT!!!
You don't have to go to the extreme to get power as you would a normally aspirated car and you'll make more power. You can still take the car to formal functions without people looking at you as if your some kind of snotty teenager. The first time you lift the hood to show off your stuff you'll understand why you went the SC route. Crowds go nuts!
There are a few good tuners out there that can offer you a supercharger system. I would highly recommend DLM speaking through my past experience. My car has been bullet proof and Doug has an outstanding way of keeping up with my personal views of "excellent customer service."

Chuck B.

bitya

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This may be long winded but bear with me. Grew up with bigblocks,over the yrs built many motors for customers-big power-long life engines for reasonable money. In 83 fabricated my turbo setup for my 76 454 dually. Back then had to tune using plug readings, homemade stethoscope(checking for preingnition)and pyrometers(I own a truck&diesel repair shop).Ran that setup till 87, loved it, but not just in summer also to -30 to-45 in winter. Water heated intake solved all those problems. Then came a 85 dually in 87(could not afford new) put a 6-71 on that one,ran that till 92 finally new 454 dually put whimpple on(got lazy & opted for a kit) There is still enough tuning to get working proper. The beauty of forced induction is the simplicity head & valvetrain. I have been sold on forced induction for many years.IT WORKS you will not be dissappointed. I still have the 92 dually along with 96 GSX1100 Bill Hahn turbo(379rwhp)-Polaris 800 Turbo(246hp@8psi)snowmobile. Iam currently installing a GoldenWest intercooled ATI on my 98 GTS along with Tom Welch NOS. By the way Kenny from G/west was the only one willing to sell me his kit, the others I talked to felt I was incapable of installing their kits. He said it take a bit but he would walk me thru it. Then I explained I have my own 248 dyno and what Ido in my spare time is tune.Oh, that makes this simple Kenny said. My point is even if you purchase a DTY kit you will have to have it tuned to realize its full potential. I have tuned lots of inter and non intercooled forced induction systems in the last 2yrs they both have their place but the benefits of intercooling are ernormos. Tuned a customers 355 chevy 10psi ATI intercooled(all homemade)ended up with 546rwhp, then did 42 full dyno pulls at that point trans(350) broke in half. Timing was at 32 degrees@6800. Did a leakdown before-3%after-3%. Inlet temp into carb never went above 127* just an example of what intercooling can achive. If you chose forced induction get one with intercooling and if you install yourself get it tuned.I understand why some of the others were unwilling to sell their kits to DTY if not tuned proper they will get a bad rap from it. As it has been said before, when done take it off everything back to normal. If you have been keeping up with most of the other posts those that have had it done are extremly happy. The only drawback is the pricing but that to will drop as more kits are offered. Good Luck.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott,
Thrilled to hear you and Doug got things ironed out. When are you getting that bad boy back on the dyno / strip?