Sway Bars

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sway bars - anybody buy/install them, where did you purchase them from, why did you put them on, and how'd it work out?

I have a slightly lowered, shocks set stiffer, stock spring, delrin bushing '94 that I autocross with and my driving style leads to tail out rear tire spinning. It's either an incurable Viper problem or if I can load the front some more, maybe I can balance the front-rear slithering around. Comments?

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who put the Delrin bushings in the old control arms for you. I don't think stiffer roll bar in front will help with the wagging tail. That is the only way to drive a Viper fast in x-cross.

OP
OP
T

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, delrin only to replace sway bar bushings.

In my kit car Cobra (with a 340!!) I had a stiff bar, stiff springs and stiff shocks up front. Rear springs were soft, rear shocks and sway bar (small) were adjustable, (shocks by clicking stiffness and sway bar by moving attaching end link to different hole positions.) Think of the set up as a dirt track racer - all the roll stiffness up front and soft rear settings to let the tires grab. As long as there was enough power to the rear wheels to help steer the car
You must be registered for see images
this seemed to work for me (lots of EMod wins). Agreed, a wagging rear is quick, but right now I'm constantly catching it to keep it behind me and rear tires wear at about 2X the rate that fronts do. So I'd like to try the experiment of adding front roll stiffness, get closer to a "push" and see if I can get to drive around cones more than I slide around cones now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte