TALL PEOPLE FITTING INTO VIPER

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do a "search" on this site for "seat lowering". There are kits out there just for you giants.
smile.gif

S

SUN RA KAT

I'm 6'5" tall and was 335 pounds when I bought my Viper. (The Viper has inspired me to lose 20+ pounds in the 7 weeks I've had it.)

I had the non adjustable 2" seat lowering kit put in and have plenty of headroom - enough to wear a helmut for Viper Days. I also had the front of my seat shimmed up an inch to give me thigh support and a little more legroom.

Doing stretching exercises helps out a lot with pains in the ankles and knees. Also there is a rubber ball air pump attached to the seats that you can use to adjust the back of the seat for better lumbar support. The Sean Roe Clutch Adjustment helps a lot by getting the clutch pedal at the same height as the other pedals.

And driving it a lot helps, too - it's hard to be uncomfortable when you're smiling so much.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CRAIGFEED,

There is an art to getting it adjusted right.. I'm about 6'4 and 240 (no belly, not YET at least!) Fortunatley for me, all my weight is between my legs..(moderate please?<FONT COLOR="red"><FONT size="1"> no, you wrote it and now you have to live with it. Reminded of Van Wilder</FONT s></FONT c>
supergrin.gif
)

No really... If you put the seat in a more "reclined" position, you won't be able to 'slide' the seat back all the way. You've got to find the most compromising position. Most ppl don't know that the viper seat reclines also. They might have it reclined all the way and that prevents the in / out of the seat to going backwards another couple of inches. I NEVER come close to ANYTHING hitting ANY vents, steerinng wheel, etc. And I can tell you if I was another 3" taller, I still wouldn't have any problems..

Ahhh, yes and the adjust the pedals so they are all the way away from you (more towards the engine)

with all these adjusted, you should fit fine.
Gerald

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Craig,
I'm 6'7 312 lbs I lowered my seat (Northwind Eng.)
Roe Racing has a clutch petal kit moves it back about 1 inch.
The last thing I did was remove the sun visors.
It all helps.....Good luck

usa-clear-s.gif
usa-clear-s.gif
usa-clear-s.gif
usa-clear-s.gif
usa-clear-s.gif
usa-clear-s.gif
usa-clear-s.gif

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Craig, I'm almost 6'4", (in the morning!) and 235.
<FONT size="1">I've got a little baby fat around the belt buckle area, but I'm hoping it will go away next year, when I am 43.</FONT s>

When I was first looking at Vipers, I was sure that my knee would hit the headlight switch while shifting, but I thought I would just live with it.

Funny thing, but after owning one, my knee just knows where it should be, and I feel fine in the car.

I put in the Northwind 2" fixed lowering kit, and like Sun Ra Kat, I also shimmed the front up about 1+1/4", to support the thigh area. Otherwise most of your weight ends up on the small of your back.

Northwind- Are you listening?

Last note- You could always wait for the SRT, which I hear is more ergonomically designed.

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 6'4" and have posted on this before.

It takes some work, but you can modify the stock seat rails to get you as low as the NW kit, enhance thigh support and retain seat for/aft travel (in case your significant other wants to drive). However, I've found the ultimate in low to be custom seat rails for a Sparco Roadster seat. This still offers for/aft travel and in open track mode, the top of my shoulder is even with the bottom of the side window opening, basically like sitting on the floor. The only problem with these set-ups is passengers complain about the entry and exit from the car.

P.S. I also have Roe's short clutch actuator bar.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am 6'4" but only 190lbs. I have no problem with the stock seat but what type of shoes I wear make a big difference.If I'm barefoot or wearing racing shoes,I can put my left foot under the clutch pedal and stretch my leg.

luc.00GTS

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't look for help in the new car-
At 6'6" I hit the top.
We need NWE to design a kit for the new car (JonB said it was available for $4K from Parts Rack) just like they did for the old car.
John F. failed us tall guys again!

Claudio Ferraroni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gerald:
CRAIGFEED,

There is an art to getting it adjusted right.. I'm about 6'4 and 240 (no belly, not YET at least!) Fortunatley for me, all my weight is between my legs..(moderate please?<FONT COLOR="red"><FONT size="1"> no, you wrote it and now you have to live with it. Reminded of Van Wilder</FONT s></FONT c>
supergrin.gif
)

No really... If you put the seat in a more "reclined" position, you won't be able to 'slide' the seat back all the way. You've got to find the most compromising position. Most ppl don't know that the viper seat reclines also. They might have it reclined all the way and that prevents the in / out of the seat to going backwards another couple of inches. I NEVER come close to ANYTHING hitting ANY vents, steerinng wheel, etc. And I can tell you if I was another 3" taller, I still wouldn't have any problems..

Ahhh, yes and the adjust the pedals so they are all the way away from you (more towards the engine)

with all these adjusted, you should fit fine.
Gerald

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am 6"4' and her is what I did.
Bought a GTS ( more head room)
seat lowering kit
Roe Clutch adjustment
Pretty simple mods that made a huge difference. If you went with the Sparco Seat set-up, you should have plenty of room.

JH23JOB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a whoppin' 5'8", and I seem to have no troubles at all in my '96 GTS
supergrin.gif

I can't help it that I'm vertically challenged.

In fact, I chose to be short 'cause I'm scared of heights
smile.gif

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JH23JOB:
I'm a whoppin' 5'8", and I seem to have no troubles at all in my '96 GTS
supergrin.gif

I can't help it that I'm vertically challenged.

In fact, I chose to be short 'cause I'm scared of heights
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SURE! Come in here and brag about how you can wear clothes off the rack, find long sleeve shirts that actually cover your wrists, can sleep in hotel beds, don't have to lean over to shave in the mirror, can use public telephones if need be, don't look awkward in shorts, and fit in most cars. Sure, go ahead and brag, I can take it.

supergrin.gif

JH23JOB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that you mention it, It is kinda nice being 5'-8". I hardly ever have to duck whenever walking under much of anything either.........
supergrin.gif

True Story....

When I worked for Boeing in Everett Washington in '95-'96, I was paired up with a biker guy that was 6'-9" tall when I worked on the final body join of the 747 line. Boy did we look funny walking around together
laugh.gif
Needless to say when he wasn't riding his motorcycle, he was driving a full size pickup truck. He said he can't fit in anything else.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950