TAOD's version of the Copperhead.

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
TAOD\'s version of the Copperhead.

The upcoming Viper Copperhead has generated so much attention I thought I would post some pictures of the latest Viper to roll out the doors of The Art Of Design.
This is their first Viper to have the Paxton SC installed in house. Previous Vipers had the SC installed off site. They returned from the dyno with this one putting down 652 hp at the rear wheels. Notice the attention to detail on the installation. The SC installation mirrors the quality they strive for on their custom paint jobs.
This car started life as triple black. Every body panel was removed and had color sprayed on the inside. The final fit and finish is far superior to what I saw before the car was disassembled. I dont have room to list all the special details that make this car one of a kind.
All aspects of this build were done within the walls of TAOD, less the purchased parts.
The Viper is done except for the installation of the Motons that will be used to lower the ride height.
Enjoy.

72Art_Of_Design_P_Side-1.jpg

72Art_Of_Design_P_Side.jpg

72Art_Of_Design_Hood.jpg

72Art_Of_Design_Motor_Side.jpg

72Art_Of_Design_Motor_Front.jpg

72Art_Of_Design_Carbo_Fiber_Sill.jpg

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: TAOD\'s version of the Copperhead.

Dean doesn't mess around, that's for sure!! :2tu:

Great work, as expected!! :D

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Brian:

Unquestionably excellent craftsmanship, but the Copperhead will bear little resemblence to this fine machine.

I am not certain that any shade of orange is the best choice for a Viper, but I am not fond of blue either.

OP
OP
B

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Brian:
I am not certain that any shade of orange is the best choice for a Viper, but I am not fond of blue either.

I agree with you Alice.
The SRT looks best in Black.
I have also heard rumors that there will be a FJ5 Lime Light Green, SRT-10, with flat black stripes, roll out the doors of TAOD in a couple months. That one could very well set the standard to which all others aspire too. :cool:

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Brian,
Is this your car? Looks nice.

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow, very nice attention to detail. That color is still too brown/rust for me, but I do like the burnt orange they used on the Prowler when it was in production -- that I could go for! :)

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score

When it comes to orange, the one I saw at VOI8 is still my favorite thus far. Including the ghosted dual stripes and custom interior. It sounded great as well. Haven't seen the Copperhead in person yet.

5397HPIM2710-med.JPG

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why in the HELL did they paint it tan at the bottom??? I definitely like the VOI car better!

OP
OP
B

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score

When it comes to orange, the one I saw at VOI8 is still my favorite thus far. Including the ghosted dual stripes and custom interior. It sounded great as well. Haven't seen the Copperhead in person yet.

Detlef, that is Dean Louck's (TAOD) personal car you have a picture of in your post. :D

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Detlef, that is Dean Louck's (TAOD) personal car you have a picture of in your post. :D

I figured as much. Both cars have similar styling cues. The orange looks much better than the copper. They really do great work. The paint on the orange one looks like glass.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That is one sweet SRT10...Would love to see a GTS with such precision panel fitment...Great work :2tu:

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I saw a C6 Corvette in a color to Dodge's Neon Orange. It was not a pretty sight.

There are certain colors that do not go with certain concepts. This may be one of them.

But...since there will only be 200 or so, there should be enough who like them and with the new wheels, it should have appeal.

Now, if they would just begin stocking those wheels.

OP
OP
B

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Why in the HELL did they paint it tan at the bottom??? I definitely like the VOI car better!

Deans goal is to be different and unique. He gives the customer multiple, very detailed renderings before the project is started and lets the customer choose what he likes.
This car is absolutely gorgeous is person. The owners goal for this Viper was to be unique without being too over the top.
I will post pictures of the next one that will be done sometime this month. It is going to be a bit more in your face.
You can check out Deans portfolio on line at: http://www.taod.org/portfolio.cfm

Make sure you look at the boats he has done.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, I am anxious to see the Lime Green one! Not sure what to expect from it, but I will definately have my Sunglasses on when I do check it out!! :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang