Tator to the rescue

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once again, Chuck comes through again!

I was getting exhaust smell in the car when the windows were down, but not when they up.

I called Chuck and he said to check the rear vents,,, Guess what,, one was stuck open and that was letting in the fumes. I could also see pollen traces from where it was being pulled in.

Chuck, thanks a ton!

Mark

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amazing how when something peculiar is going on he has a "seemingly bizarre" answer...and sure enough, HE'S ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

OP
OP
M

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, Chuck knows them inside and out! And from what I have gathered over the years, he seems to really like to help people, and it is not like pulling teeth to ask for help.

Chuck is truly a breath of fresh air to the community, and a real gentleman. No BS, No attitude, just a love for the cars and club.

Mark

Prfgdwrnch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am having the same problem with my 00 GTS. What vents are you talking about? Where are they located?

Thanks
Dave

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amazing how when something peculiar is going on he has a "seemingly bizarre" answer...and sure enough, HE'S ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

I know I noticed that too, hes know EVERYTHING about these cars lik ethe back of his hand.

Can never say enough GREAT things about Chuck and everyone at Tators dodge for that matter, just simply awesome.

Like I tell everyone once you go there once you will NEVER go anywhere else again, I know I wont,hell I will bring my snake there just to have t he windshield washer fluid put in lol

Thanks for everything Chuck your THE MAN

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same issue. What vents are you talking about and where are they located? Please use pictures if possible. Thanks in advance for the answer.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can never say enough GREAT things about Chuck and everyone at Tators dodge for that matter, just simply awesome.
Chuck saved me THOUSANDS of dollars on a misdiagnosed oil leakage problem. Instead of having my engine torn down, it turned out to be a relatively minor timing chain gasket problem, not uncommon in '98's. Chuck knew it, and found it in five minutes. I'll always be in his debt for that. It's worth the trip to Tators from anywhere.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck saved me THOUSANDS of dollars on a misdiagnosed oil leakage problem. Instead of having my engine torn down, it turned out to be a relatively minor timing chain gasket problem, not uncommon in '98's. Chuck knew it, and found it in five minutes. I'll always be in his debt for that. It's worth the trip to Tators from anywhere.

When I first went to Chuck (first time ever) to buy a LDP (leak detection pump) and get a price on new fuel injectors because before I knew Chuck I had it at a local speed shop and the guy said I had 4 cracked injectors and thats why it idled rough, so I called Chuck and buy th eLDP (knew I needed that) and to price injectors he says to me "why do you need injectors" I told him what the guy told me, he said "when you come pick up the LDP bring the viper if you can" so I did, right there he pops the hood starts her up, listens to her, says "NO WAY injectors are fine thats the lumpy cam in your year".

Saved my a$$ (because we all know how much injectors are) THEN while he had the hood open he checked EVERYTHING for me right there in the parking lot (spent a good hour out there) and all I remember thinking is "dam I only got $20 bucks on me after this LDP what am I gonna do" Chuck dident charge me a penny he said "I dident do anything" I'll tell yoy what 2 things happend that day 1. I felt 100% that everything was good with my car 2. I became a lifetime loyal Tators customer and I'll never go anywhere else again.

Sorry for the long draged out story but I thought everyone should know