Tech/Sales Help On O2 Simulators

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Roe sells some, but not sure they are plug and play.

A few talked about doing ebay "alternatives" to 100+ dollar 02 sims a while back. Any results from that experiment? Anyone give me the low down on the best way to go? I need to pass the "plug in" OBD2 code scan/smog check (no more sniffer in my state).

No code, no problem right? Or will the new way of checking OBD2 cars still find the codes, even though the Check Engine light is not lit? I know 97+ supra owners get around this with an 02 simulator.

My car is a late model 98 (built in November) , so I'm thinking if down the road I wanted to do straight pipes, I will probably end up throwing a code.

Thanks!

OVERBOOST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
97' GTS
I have side exhaust so they zip tied the back 02’s to the frame. After a while I got high vot code from both. Installed ROE sims and all good.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the Roe simulators in my '02 GTS.... works great. Very easy to do and Sean is great if you need any help.

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 98 GTS as well adn I just removed the Cats a few weeks ago. I left the sensors in as a few guys had told me that some 98's would throw a code and some wouldnt. Why spend the money if it's not going to throw the code? Mine did not throw a code. Not yet anyway. I've run 1 1/2 tanks of fuel through it and still nothing. If it throws a code you can always add the sims in later. PS. Here's a link to what it sounds like when after the cats were removed and with Borla's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjyK0hcImME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDib2uXXsSY

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, I gotta ask, mainly to educate myself more...

I'm assuming the sims are just for the rear O2s, because its my understanding that the Vipers have 4 sensors total, 2-fronts, 2-rears, no?

That said, does the PCM factor in the rear O2s when managing fuel, or is it just the front O2s? If so, that raises a red flag for me, because without all the O2s operational, how does the PCM effectively manage the fuel trims, AFR, etc.?

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, I gotta ask, mainly to educate myself more...

I'm assuming the sims are just for the rear O2s, because its my understanding that the Vipers have 4 sensors total, 2-fronts, 2-rears, no?

That said, does the PCM factor in the rear O2s when managing fuel, or is it just the front O2s? If so, that raises a red flag for me, because without all the O2s operational, how does the PCM effectively manage the fuel trims, AFR, etc.?

Gen II have 4, Gen I have 2. Yes, sims are just for the rear.

PCM does not make changes based on the rears. They are more of an emissions check to make sure that the exhaust after the cat looks clean. Works to alert if a cat has failed or a tattletale if they have been removed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc