Thank you PVO

PMUM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just wanted to publically thank everybody at PVO for helping us win this weekend at Laguna. I asked for a couple of small parts changes to make the car more competitive at Laguna and they reallly came through. Peter Ford showed up with a new electric fan that pulled at least 13 pounds out of the nose of the car and the aero guy, John B (have no idea how to spell his last name) AKA Brusty did an amazing job of designing an addition to the splitter to give us some downforce up front to deal with the understeer of the 275 fronts. The very first lap I tried the new splitter pieces I dropped a full second per lap and I know Mike McCann did the same. I also picked the brain of Matt (suspension guy at PVO) for a long, long time on the phone regarding spring choices to allow the car to cope with the tire package.

I wrung that car out for everything it was worth and after 28 laps I only won by .7 seconds and there's absolutely no way we'd have been even close to a podium if it weren't for the ongoing development of that car.

I really don't know who at Dodge to specifically thank, but anybody thinking of getting a Dodge can rest assured that Eric Peterson and John Fernandes are VERY committed to winning as are the whole team of engineers at PVO.

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Paul,
We are all very proud of your accomplishments and want to thank you for your commitment to the Comp Coupe in the Speedvision series. We are looking forward to working with you next year.
PMUM rocks!

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow - very very cool of the PVO guys. That's really cool to hear...and 1 full second from a splitter adjustment? WOW!

And a huge congrats to ya - I bet that was simply an amazing feeling that you'll enjoy for some time to come! :)

nitro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PMUM, YOU ROCK! I am so glad to see the Viper smoking the competition and can't wait to watch the race on the 20th. I sure hope the Viper will come back to Lemans and show the Vett's and Ferrara Pan candy cars who's boss. Maybe they will put in the Hemi v10 under 8 liters so we can go racing in Lemans again. Lemans says "Size does not matter", but they put restrictions on the Viper because of it's brawny engine. LOOOSERS!

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul,

Excellent job! I am very proud of your accomplishment and the fine job of driving you displayed. You are a true asset to the Viper community. Keep up the good work.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to Road Atlanta to watch you and the rest of the Viper whoop up on everybody else. It's like the 85 Bears. :)

Just as long as they don't start doing that "Superbowl Shuffle" thing...

Congrats to PMUM for a typical (for him) and incredible performance. You made thousands of Viper owners incredibly proud in The Ultimate Street Car Challenge by winning it all. Then, to show that you are a man of many talents, you pull off one of the biggest upsets in SCCA history. The Viper world is incredibly fortunate to have you as a driver. Now if you ever cross over to Vettes like Justin Bell, well... ;)

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul...Don't forget Erik Messley! I saw him after he spent more than 65 hours putting the finishing touches on the car at his Shop and then had to drive the thing up to Laguna Seca in that wimpy pickup of yours. We should start a collection so at least he can drive a rig like the rest of the racers in the paddock.
Andy

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's like the 85 Bears. :)

Just as long as they don't start doing that "Superbowl Shuffle" thing...

My name is Paul and I like to win,
I pass them once and never see ‘em agin.

They call me rookie but that’s a lie,
they just say that ‘cause I make them cry.

Sorry to cause all this drama,
but I do kinda like them cryin’ to Mama.

So I didn’t really mean to start this trouble,
I just wanna do the Viper Shuffle.

The Viper Shuffle
The Viper Shuffle

You set it up Chris.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi