Thanks for all our help, here are my first 1/4 mile results>>>>>

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone for their suggestions on quarter miling, thanks Phiebert, thanks Big Jim, thanks Kurt Red RT/10, thank you Y2KGTS (I did hit 2nd looking for 4th on one run, no damage), thank you JonB your bottom yellow light tip paid off and Jeff-00-ACR go for it man, this was my first time and I'm hooked it is a blast and I'm going to Pomona next
next month to see what I run at sea level.
RESULTS:
It was a nice day abot 68 degrees 15 mph crosswind good track conditions. Because we were at 2,600 ft. elevation my top end was not great and I feel at sea level I could knock off a few tenths and add a few miles per hour. We got in 8 runs before noon.
FIRST RUN (really nervous)
reaction 1.022 (ouch)
60 ft. 2.125
mph 102.041
et 13.090
Not very good but I beat the Z06 next to me (Mike Pavloff). So as you can see my time pretty much stunk, time to remember all those helpful hints you guys told me.

BEST RUN (6th run)

reaction .709 (must work on this)
60 ft. 1.815 (yeah)
mph 111.883
et 12.539

I ran this in a stock 2000 RT/10 except for a 3.54 gear. Ran 20 lbs. psi in the rear tires, I was the only one including a gen 1 car and a Z06 to break 2 sec 60 ft time and I did it consistently, I would guess he 3.54 gear had something to do with that.
Anyway what do you think of these times, how much better do you think it could get at sea level? I would appreciate any input!!!!!

Ron (SoCal Rebell)

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the little plug there, Ron. Much appreciated.
You must be registered for see images

In truth, I do need to work on my launch in the Z06. 2.001 sec was my best 60 ft time, and I know guys on the Vette Forum who get 1.8-1.9 sec short times in stock trim.

By December, I'll have my upgraded half shafts and will be able to run the Snake at Pomona with no worries. Then we'll see what's up!

In all seriousness, you did a great job yesterday, Ron. Your 60 ft times on street tires are great! And 12.5 at Palmdale ain't too shabby. I believe that would translate into 12 even at Pomona. Congrats!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! Those are VERY good times, especially at that altitude. The 60' times are superb, as it takes some work to get that low. I think my best is slightly higher than that (1.84), and maybe the gears (stock 3.07) affect that.

As to the reaction times, it takes practice and is a lot of fun. JonB is correct (and Double Venom gave me some great tips) in that shooting for the end of the last yellow will get you the better times. Sometimes, it is a matter of luck as well, especially when you nail it between .475 (red light) and .525.

I didn't know where the track was (or the altitude), so my lofty goal of 12.40 your first time out was pretty aggressive. At sea level, you probably would have knocked a few tenths off of that and improved your trap speeds by 4-5 mph. There is a calculator for that somewhere on the Net, but I can't find it right now.

Great job!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery