The 2005 SRT Nationals! April 8-10, 2005!!!

rezin8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

www.srtnationals.com

The 2005 SRT Nationals are ready!!!! The event in February was a HUGE success and it's going to happen again in 2005! Call you boss, request vacation, and if he says no, then you might want to quit your job because this year is going to be AWESOME! We're doing a full High performance driving school, drag racing, road racing, and tons of other stuf this year; not to mention the car show and vendors lane. Plus, the whole weekend is only $150!!! Here's what you get for your money!

Friday, April 8th: SRT Nationals Driver Education. This is the same school that we put on last year, but with some MAJOR changes. The morning sessions will be with instructors in the car, the afternoon sessions will be solo or with instructors, depending on experience. There will be classroom sessions in the morning for EVERYONE. Also, it's time to get the cars in and start getting ready for the car show. Be on the lookout for a couple of "special" instructors! Drag racing right after the driver's ed school!

Saturday, April 9th: SRT Nationals Time Trial Competition and Car Show. This is how the Time Trial Competition will work. We will run on the ½ Mile "Peanut" at No Problem Raceway. You will get 3 or 5 Laps to make your best time. ALL 3 or 5 LAPS WILL BE INCLUDED IN YOUR FINAL TIME! The person with the quickest 3 or 5 Lap time will win a trophy and the title "SRT Driver of the Year". You will also win FREE ADMISSION to the 2006 SRT Nationals! The driver with the quickest SINGLE lap will with a Trophy. YOU NEED TO RENT OR PROVIDE YOUR OWN TRANSPONDER TO ENTER THIS EVENT! Transponder rental will be provided at a $15 charge.

We will split this up into a morning session and an afternoon session. In the morning, you will get a chance to learn the peanut and make some laps with 2 other drivers on the track with you. This will be a lead/follow type of thing. We will let you guys out 3 at a time, but separated by 5 seconds. The idea is to catch the person in front of you and learn the track. After lunch, competition starts. During the competition, you will be on the track BY YOURSELF! This is a cross between SCCA SOLO 1 and SOLO 2. Think of it as an Autocross on a road course without all the cones.

Saturday Night, April 9th: SRT Owners Club Appreciation Party. I'm looking at getting Last Call Nightclub (www.lastcallclub.com) in Thibodaux, LA (about 25 minutes from the track) With a LIVE band and having an Owners Club Appreciation Party. Being an Owners Club member will get you FREE Admission to the party and possibly a few free drinks. I'll be drunk as hell, so chances are I'll be buying QUITE a few rounds. This is going to be a freaking BLAST!!!! I'll also try to provide transportation to and from the hotel and/or track.

Sunday, April 10th: SRT Nationals Grand Bayou Road Race. This is a FULL BLOWN, wheel to wheel action road race. Your car must pass a tech inspection (i.e., you need a cage) and you must be licensed to race in this sort of race (NASA, SCCA, etc.). You will need a pretty much full blown race car to run in this. This is not limited to SRT only vehicles. You can race anything you want, as long as you pass tech and are licensed to do so. Think of guys like neonracer88. He races an Accord, but has an SRT. He's bringing the Accord to race and the SRT to play. Cost to race in the Grand Bayou race is $75 plus transponder rental.

So start planning now folks. The Nationals are coming again! Last year's National Meet was a HUGE success and we're hoping to top it this year. Later in the year means that all you northern people can attend! This year is going to be the best ever! Keep checking the site for more updates.

-Greg

www.srtnationals.com

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to get an SRT! I saw a cute yellow one down the street for sale.
Hey Rezin8, how much do you have to spend to get 356 hp? That's pretty cool.

OP
OP
R

rezin8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't spend much at all...

Just a reminder folks, this isn't just for the Neons. ALL VIPERS ARE INVITED, I don't care if you're in a Gen I/II or an SRT-10. We only had 3 or 4 SRT-10's last year out of the 20 Vipers that came. Guys, this is a great opportunity to get some track time and meet up with some old friends.

OP
OP
R

rezin8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, just to let you know, Mopar is bringing down the ImageCenter, as well as 5 or 6 SRT Engineers and some more Marketing Personel.

OP
OP
R

rezin8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar will also me setting up a full SpeedShop on site and they will be the sole company selling Mopar Performance Parts.

We have over 100 people signed up and more than 10 Vendors. i know that doesn't sound big, but trust me, it's worth the trip.

OP
OP
R

rezin8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bump! We're only 2 weeks away!

JR Thompson is doing a 2 page article for Mopar magazine and Viper magazine on the event!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenFalcon