The cure for kids marathon....

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all its asking time.Every April in Red Deer a local radio station does a cure for kids marathon to raise money.People donate stuff and challenge other companies to bid big money for the kids.Well this year i am offering my passenger seat in our Viper for a ride to either Calgary or Edmonton for a lucky bidder for a lunch that i will pay for for them .I am looking for other cars to help and do the same.Vipers or any other exotic or old school cars or trucks are wanted.It's not everyday that everyone gets to go for a drive in a great car like The Viper or a lambo or yup a Shelby or Corvette all those hot cars plus many i didn't mentions.i figure if we can get like 10 cars to do this then it makes it that much better for the people to want to bid high.A chance to take a drive in these cars and have a lunch payed for "*******" or some great place like that and get a few pictures with these vehicles hey i may even bid on a few myself if we get alot of cars.So now i beg for the help from the great car people out there .PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me out.I have e-mail the idea to the radio station they loved the idea last year and wanted to start it this year so with fingers crossed i hope to get this annual event to raise money for THE CURE FOR THE KIDS program.

Thanks
Shane Crompton
Lacombe County Alberta

RACR77

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would be interested if I can make the date work and there is decent parking at the restaurant. Good idea Shane :2tu:

OP
OP
C

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
once i hear back from the Radio station and have a meeting to get everything set i will post it on here.The radiothon isn't till the weekend of the 14th of April so I have a little time to get this on the up and up.Now that I know i have a little interest I can tell them so.

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a great idea, Shane. Kudos to you for taking the initiative in getting the ball rolling.
If I were still in Calgary I'd love to have participated.

Good luck with your event!

OP
OP
C

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the guy in charge of the event is waitting to hear back from the radio station to see if it can be done.I will popst as soon as i hear back.

OP
OP
C

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well finaly got a response from the people in charge.Sad to say the event is a no go.Since the radio station is the main group responsible for all thing that go thru this fund raiser event.They are then the main party heald responsible for any events that may occure during the drive.They there for do not the liability if anyone was to get hurt during the event.

On a good note i believe we should schedual monthly get togethers each month during this season.I figure between the Calgary Edmonton red Deer and places in between and around we could set up a different spot each month .A nice drive and a way to get to see/meet all in the area that own a Viper.Will start a new topic about this soon so keep an eye out if you are interested.

Shane