"The End" of my 766hp supercharged SRT-10

V

Venomiss

You can also search google and get fire extinguishers or walmart for $20 :dunno:

Yes, I agree. These fit on the passenger floor-much easier to reach in a fire situation.
Maybe Sean can tell you more.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OUCH.....watching that hurt just a little.................well...............maybe a lot........as I have a 750hp+ SRT-10.............I'll carry the fire extinguisher from now on. Sorry to see the car go!

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to see. I just mounted a 2.5lb Halon extinguisher in front of the passenger seat last week. Hope I never need it....

OP
OP
M

Matrix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It happened at around 195 miles on the highway, till the car was standing completely it was burning so much, no fire extinguisher can help, I have had one on bord....

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ya, too bad for the car..I hope you pulled your heart out before it was completely gone. I have to say, some of your videos on the net helped inspire me to put a blower on my car. best wishes on your next ride.

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss.

If you can determine what happened, it would probably save some other cars from the same fate.
I've never been fond of upping fuel pressure on a system that was built for 50-60 psi from the factory to 120 with no changes.

Regarding extinguishers, I'll start offering a dry chemical version of the Halon one we offer with seat bracket. That'll get the cost down and get the extinguishers in more cars. Halon has become quite expensive

It wouldn't have helped once the fire got too big, but may have if it was caught early enough.

A local red SRT-10 burned last week. Seems to be becoming a trend.

You must be registered for see images

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what "got" me, was the frame where the viper was being backed into the garage and that those two dudes were standing there saluting it.

toomanymodz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
what "got" me, was the frame where the viper was being backed into the garage and that those two dudes were standing there saluting it.

The same behavior is observed when a president of a country is buried (or military burial). The salute signifies honor and respect. So I guess they felt honored to be in the presence of a fallen Viper.