The Forum Wars: Viper ACR versus Modded Z06

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Props for representin' CD! Dude if you would have hooked up that quarter it would have been even more brutal. But still a great ass kickin' served up.

You must be registered for see images attach

The launch was pretty bad...but I stayed in it even though it broke my transmission mount (wheel hop from hell).

If I were to *****...my biggest mistake was I did not let any air out of the tires for the auto-cross. Plus we had to run all of our laps in a row. So there was no time to correct any car flaws, nor time to really try anything new. I ran the entire auto-cross in first gear. I thought about shifting to second but I would have had to down shift to first again. Again...it was what it was and I was happy with the event anyway. It made it a level playing field, with the exception of them making me go first in every event...I felt as though I was cleaning the autocross course. ENOUGH with the whining from me. A win is a win no matter the circumstances!

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would have been fun to have a road course event as well. If you would have driven anything like the time you gave me a ride at HPR, it would have been a devastating loss for the clutch issue guy ;-)

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
great run cardude, getting SW isnt easy. Congrats for the win and for reppin the VC.

jrod_okc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
SW, Is a great car guy. Just spent some time around him couple weeks ago in Houston for the Tx2k11 event. He is a very good driver! Congrats on the win! But i really hope you were acting the way your were for the cameras.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice win CarDude. Your commentary was funny too, nice entertainment.

Those of you thinking SW was making up clutch excuses, LOL! That red Z06 runs over 170 mph at TWS, and goes 10s at the drag strip with ease. SW is also a hell of a driver. His Z06 running 12.5 on this event is definitely indicative of a vehicle issue. Base model C6 Corvettes run quicker than 12.5 off the showroom floor. The ACR is fast, but it wouldn't have run that Z06 down had the car been functioning properly.

But then again, it is a Corvette, and the clutches ****. My own Z06 clutch went out 2 weeks ago at the drag strip.

BC Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CarDude - I just watched the video.

AWESOME job man - as with all of the other posts, you kept it good and clean... the other guy seemed pretty cool about losing out to the BEST car on the road today!

Thanks for making me an even PROUDER Viper Owner and a member of the BEST car forum around!:headbang:

Now - I plan to take my 2 girls out for a well-deserved cruise tonight (my RT/10 and wife, of course!).:drive:

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Awesome vid.

A good buddy of mine and I race our cars quite often. My 06 viper coupe with aero + R6's + boltons vs his C6 + PS2's + boltons. If the cars were on the same tire they would be pretty evenly matched.

Both cars are great.

Anyone can drag race, that's pretty boring part of the vid.

The actual turning part was good. I'm not sure how much time you guys had to warm up to the course but I'd imagine it was more so the ability of the driver to learn the course quickly that really won the event. These cars are just so similarly matched.

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the win. Thanks for doing a great job. The Viper won...so they didn't show it...how lame.