The genIV oil pan upgrade works!

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had my first track day last Saturday, and kept an eye on the oil pressure gauge (whenever I could) and am happy to report that the needle stayed solid instead of dropping and fluctuating like it used to in the turns. I was kidding myself trying to ignore the issue and hoping it would just be OK. -realizing now, that I was on borrowed time.

This forum has saved me from having to deal with a blown up motor from ignorance and stupidity. Thank you to all who have posted comments and replies concerning this topic. It's awesome to be able to share advice and experience with other Viper owners and avert disaster.

ipetrov

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on your newly found peace of mind! I think Dan Lesser from Viper Specialty deserves the most credit for educating us on the subject for free.

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing :2tu: I also have the upgrade , but haven't been to the track yet .

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had my first track day last Saturday, and kept an eye on the oil pressure gauge (whenever I could) and am happy to report that the needle stayed solid instead of dropping and fluctuating like it used to in the turns. I was kidding myself trying to ignore the issue and hoping it would just be OK. -realizing now, that I was on borrowed time.

This forum has saved me from having to deal with a blown up motor from ignorance and stupidity. Thank you to all who have posted comments and replies concerning this topic. It's awesome to be able to share advice and experience with other Viper owners and avert disaster.

Goes to show how strong the motors are even without the upgrade. I don't track my car, or this is something I would certainly do on my 03.

OP
OP
A

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Goes to show how strong the motors are even without the upgrade. I don't track my car, or this is something I would certainly do on my 03.
Yeah, I think this is an un-necessary mod for a street driven car. Even if you drive aggressively (terrorizing your neighborhood) you won't see a problem with the motor. -just with the cops.
And on the track it wasn't an issue for me either, until I started learning how to actually drive at/close to the limit. Then I put Sport Cups on the car, and found the limit of those. (I won't discuss how I know where the limit is:omg:) Then I started having the oil pressure problem.
The more experienced track guys here have warned me about putting 'real tires' on the car, which I am doing before my next event, and I can't thank them enough.
I think these motors are pretty bullet-proof in stock form,...as long as they get oil. In 'high G' turns, the swinging pick-up makes that happen.
Funny-...A track mod that doesn't make the car any faster, but will let me drive the car faster around the corners!
The Miatas will need to get out of the way. ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave