The last RED and White Viper for sale

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When Dodge and the VCA promoted the limited edition VCA coupes they were guaranteed to be the last red with white striped viper to ever be made.

At the time you could not yet order stripes on a vert. Dodge obviously thinks its OK to split hairs and now produce red convertibles with white stripes. They are doing the same with the GTS Blue cars as well, when DODGE released the First Edition cars were accompanied with the same claim of an exclusive never to be repeated color combo on a viper, I do not believe the "promises" were made with a limitation to coupes.

If you play with the car configurater on Dodges site you can order converts in Viper Red or GTS Blue with white stripes , but neither color can be ordered in a coupe with white stripes.

What about the red/white verts. from 2008?

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your ad says “No mods ever” but it looks like you have side splitters mounted in the pictures.

You’re selling both your Vipers? What’s the plan? Are you planning to upgrade to ACR or something?

Nice color combo btw.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your ad says “No mods ever” but it looks like you have side splitters mounted in the pictures.

You’re selling both your Vipers? What’s the plan? Are you planning to upgrade to ACR or something?

Nice color combo btw.

There are no mods done the side splitters in the photo were held on with clear packing tape for the pictures, you can even see the tape gun on the ground beside the car.

:drive:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When Dodge and the VCA promoted the limited edition VCA coupes they were guaranteed to be the last red with white striped viper to ever be made.

At the time you could not yet order stripes on a vert. Dodge obviously thinks its OK to split hairs and now produce red convertibles with white stripes. They are doing the same with the GTS Blue cars as well, when DODGE released the First Edition cars were accompanied with the same claim of an exclusive never to be repeated color combo on a viper, I do not believe the "promises" were made with a limitation to coupes.

If you play with the car configurater on Dodges site you can order converts in Viper Red or GTS Blue with white stripes , but neither color can be ordered in a coupe with white stripes.

Yeah this happend a few times. The experienced people on here know that they usually repeat "Limited Edition" Color combos with SRTs. Here are just a few of them:

White Mama (Only White To Be Produced) Then The Following Year The Commerative Edition Was Produced

First Edition SRT Coupe (Only Blue & White SRT Coupe To Be Produced) Then The 08s Have The Color Combo Available

VCA Edition SRT Convertibe in Yellow (Only Yellow To Be Made) Then The Following Year The SRT Was Available In Yellow

There are more but you get the idea.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah this happend a few times. The experienced people on here know that they usually repeat "Limited Edition" Color combos with SRTs. Here are just a few of them:

White Mama (Only White To Be Produced) Then The Following Year The Commerative Edition Was Produced

First Edition SRT Coupe (Only Blue & White SRT Coupe To Be Produced) Then The 08s Have The Color Combo Available

VCA Edition SRT Convertibe in Yellow (Only Yellow To Be Made) Then The Following Year The SRT Was Available In Yellow

VOI9.... They are making white/blue stripes in 2009.. :mad:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You would be wrong on the First Edition coupe, they are not offering a coupe in that color this year. Indeed if you try and build a coupe on the Dodge site that combo is greyed out.
I also think you're wrong about the White Mamba, I don't think any promises were made about white at that time. There were 3 Mamba versions and they were just custom Black and Red interiors added to Black, Silver or White exteriors. They were not VCA special limited editions. I don't think any promises were made about Copperheads either.
You ARE right about the special VCA edition yellow, supposed to be 50 only and then yellow was offered as a regular color.
The White/Blue stripe has been protected so far, the 09 is going to use the light blue color stripe, not GTS Blue like the VOI cars. Although I would disagree with that decision as it's too close. The Red/White has also been protected so far.
I also think you're wrong about your last statement that "There have been more" examples of special promised limited editions where the promise was not kept. I don't think so.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But lets be honest, you can order a solid red, solid white, or solid blue car and have prefix put what ever color you want on it essentially duplicating any of the "protected" cars. I think that if someone wants to duplicate the appearance, they should have to go to another vendor, not the one under contract with Chrysler....JMHO

2006red/whitecoupe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But lets be honest, you can order a solid red, solid white, or solid blue car and have prefix put what ever color you want on it essentially duplicating any of the "protected" cars. I think that if someone wants to duplicate the appearance, they should have to go to another vendor, not the one under contract with Chrysler....JMHO

Yes, you can order a Viper with no stripes; arrange to have Prefix stripe it however I spoke with someone who did just that and Prefix quoted a price that was more than double a factory option stripe.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only with the light blue color stripe, not GTS blue stripe like yours. Still too close for comfort though I would say.

true... The Viper GTS blue has much more metallic in it, than I thought, since I bought the car without seeing it first.. Looks like a different car in person. The 1 of 100 production, has to mean something as well.

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its my understanding unlike the 1998 GT2s the 06 VCA red/white coupes were not being built in sequential order. From the paperwork I have my 06 VCA coupe was built last but received number 13 of 50.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its my understanding unlike the 1998 GT2s the 06 VCA red/white coupes were not being built in sequential order. From the paperwork I have my 06 VCA coupe was built last but received number 13 of 50.

Les,
You are correct, the 1998 GT2 Vipers are the only Vipers to run down the production line in sequence, both VIN and Special Edition badge number.

2006red/whitecoupe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly; at Barrett/Jackson I checked the vin no. vs the 1-50 number and there was no relation whatsoever. I have 007/50 but it was not the seventh one built.:2tu:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
true... The Viper GTS blue has much more metallic in it, than I thought, since I bought the car without seeing it first.. Looks like a different car in person. The 1 of 100 production, has to mean something as well.

Unfortunately you have to take everything that a dealer or company says with a grain of salt in relation to limited editions because afterall, they are trying to sell a product. At least now in 2008, many of the cars are going to end up being Limited Editions since they did the purchase only orders where you need to pay for the car or order the car before delivery. This will at least narrow down the leftovers at the factory like in 2006 when they were giving a $10,000 kickback to dealers to take leftovers and 2006s could be had for $65K new. Come to think of it, that was probably the best buy ever! You could literarly drive a 2006 and now sell it for close to what you paid for it TWO YEARS LATER! Talk about the deal of the century!

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately you have to take everything that a dealer or company says with a grain of salt in relation to limited editions because afterall, they are trying to sell a product. At least now in 2008, many of the cars are going to end up being Limited Editions since they did the purchase only orders where you need to pay for the car or order the car before delivery. This will at least narrow down the leftovers at the factory like in 2006 when they were giving a $10,000 kickback to dealers to take leftovers and 2006s could be had for $65K new. Come to think of it, that was probably the best buy ever! You could literarly drive a 2006 and now sell it for close to what you paid for it TWO YEARS LATER! Talk about the deal of the century!

none of the desireable color combos were that low... maybe a solid red car here and there, but no others. 2006 VOI9's,VCA's,bumble bees,FE's are holding value VERY well...

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
none of the desireable color combos were that low... maybe a solid red car here and there, but no others. 2006 VOI9's,VCA's,bumble bees,FE's are holding value VERY well...

The desirable ones were not because they were not the ones left at the factory. As mentioned before, these were leftovers (not desired as much), which were mostly convertibles in various colors. I recall Red, Black, and Slate off the top of my head. The only coupes I remember at discounts were red solid or red with silver stripes because they were assumed to be Skip Barber cars. Two local dealers of mine had purchased a bunch of the left overs between the two and told me flat out when I asked why they got a few more. I never quite understood why the convertible was less poplular than the Coupe. I would think that they would be desired just as equally if not more for a convertible but I guess that is just my take on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21