The "mileage question"

OP
OP
Peter Kater

Peter Kater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi steel snake! and steve e!
We're all aligned on the fact that driving a Viper sounds like a treat like no other. A treat requiring a sense of humility.
Other cars might have higher HP for sure, but they'll hardly get close to Vipers in the "Torque department" .
If I'm not sure I will lay down miles of rubber all over town like steve e:D at least knowing there's this power and effortless torque on tap is nice.
I really hope that driving my GTS will be an even better experience than it already is contemplating its insane body lines:1up:
Take care guys, it's almost 4:00am here over in Europe :bed:

speedchangesyou

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have 98k on our 05 enjoyed and driven in all over the US from Ca to the Smoky Mountains, up along the coast of Ca to Washington and we drive it hard when we want to like a few years ago when we took it down Tail of the Dragon DRIVE THEM

OP
OP
Peter Kater

Peter Kater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I got the idea straight there
A gorgeous car with insane potential and no electronic gizmos... Just tons of pure analog pleasure!
Be sure mine won't turn into a "garage queen", it will be driven

DJ'sviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing is that the car can be pretty steady but you never know about the road conditions, temperature, and other factors that can have a big effect on drive to the extreme. When I first got the car my friend and I went to the 1/8th mile track. I lost control of the car when I shifted it into 2nd. The tires were old. When to learn how to drive it at a viper race event and the race car driver lost control and was in the grass. My 2nd gear really hits hard and Have other viper owners tell me so. I'm 71 and have had a lot of experience in driving. Get to know how your car reacts. I think they can vary. Too much tire spin in 2nd isn't going to help you anyway.

OP
OP
Peter Kater

Peter Kater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your update man!
I'm glad to hear the VCA community is well alive and running!
Based on all the comments and valuable information you guys have sent, I will definitely pay attention to all the factors that could make a Viper drive go wrong :
Tire manufacturing year, thread and temperature, road condition (dry/wet), road temperature (asphalt), curve angle and last but not least, the torque (which comes right off idle) all of which can tremendously affect the feel of the car..
:usa2: