The Old Girl Still Can Hold Her Own

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had a little fun out on 29 early yesterday evening. My son has a 5.0 Stang with a supercharger and Nitrous. He reluctantly didn't squirt any in our rolling 15 mph start but I got him good. Side by side with me slightly ahead until I hit 3rd and then I was gone. He's got 4.11 rear, automatic, and runs constant mid to high 12's. I felt pretty good considering my 94 is stock except for smooth tubes, original plugs and wires. This is the first time I've played with any competition and the first time the rev limiter came into play. Kind of shocked me for a split second because I've wound her up before but never hit the limiter. I'll have to watch for the just before point and shift then to keep it going.
What was funny was going to our u-turn spot 2 State cops got on from the ramp and passed me. The one in the second car that passed me tapped his brakes and I knew what he saw. No front plate!:omg: He slowed down, let me go by and then got behind me. Of course as I made my left he threw the blue lights on and I pulled over. Already had my license and reg in hand. I told him as he walked up "I bet you pulled me over because I forgot to put my front plate on". Yes sir he said. I told him I just cleaned the car :lmao: and forgot to put it on but it was in the trunk if he wanted me to get it. He said to wait in the car while he checked me out. His buddy had turned around and walked up to the car. He said "great car, it's beautiful." I told him I was just getting ready to blow some carbon out of it but was delayed since I forgot to put my front plate on. He said "you have to blow it out sometimes" and we both just smiled. I figured the younger one who stopped me was trying to make brownie points with his Sgt. I got my license back, he let me put the "wonderful Parts Rack front plate holder" on and let me go on my way. My son met me and we did another rolling pull and came home. Got him on that one too. He said all he could hear was like a jet engine. No motor noise just a whole lot of exhaust coming out the sidepipes.
We had a lot of fun. My son is 22 and grew up with his old man racing cars. Long live Gen 1's. :2tu:

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Makes me want to avoid 29.... now that you've used the best excuse.;)

Last edited:

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good read. Reminds me of my nephew who i took over raising him at thirteen. His Mom couldn't deal with him and his Dad had abandoned them years ago.Donnie(my nephew) was a real hellian when he came to live with me.Trouble with authority and giving the teachers a hard time. I really didn't want to take him but his Mom and My wife begged me to so i agreed.I put him right to work on my construction crew and he started acting out right away.One day he was goofing off and not even trying to do his job,so i took him to the side,sat him down forcefully on a work bench and let him have an earfull. I told him i wasn't his schoolteacher,i wasn't his Mommy and i wasn't his Daddy,but i was his boss and next time he acted up,i would pull his pants down right there on the job and bust his smart little ass! Beleieve it or not he changed completely that day and turned out to be my best worker and also came to respect and even love me. We got into fixing up old musclecars and once when he stopped at a little country store,the girl checking him out asked if he was Donnie senior's son. He told her he had only one Daddy and his name was david Mullins(me). That made everything worthwhile,and now Donnie has become a good mechanic and hard worker. He is also an honest man and lover of Dodge muscle cars. :)

whts-nxt?

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess something about horsepower stays in your blood, im 25 and my old man is 56. He doesnt mine redlining one in a heartbeat. Nice to know it doesnt die out over time.

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I told him as he walked up "I bet you pulled me over because I forgot to put my front plate on". Yes sir he said. I told him I just cleaned the car :lmao: and forgot to put it on but it was in the trunk if he wanted me to get it.

Good story...im gonna use that one if needed thanks.:2tu:

ront/10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good thread. Grew up working on cars with my dad. Heres a pic of my Gen1 next to his 31' gasser a a local car show.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

itlbite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great story.I live in ruckersville,only 15 miles from culpeper.last time i drove my 95 rt/10 going toward madison,state trooper pull me over and told me:this time i'll let you go,but that next time i'll catch you with out your front plate,it'l be $86.00.it has been over a year now, that i don't drive my viper to go to culpeper.never had that problem in charlottesville.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang