The Rain Test...Conclusion, no problems at all

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, as most of you have read I got my new 2005 SRT 10 last Saturday - I now have almost 250 miles on her and I love the car to death!! Well this morning I took my Viper to my country club .. I live in Pa and the weather all year has been really hot and humid - this morning it looked like sun but by hole 14 it was pouring....anyway, our foursome finished the round, I checked my bag, and went to my car....I was concerned about driving in the rain given all of the posts about traction loss...I started out carefully and drove home without a problem. The Viper stuck to the ground, didnt spin-out on turns, and didnt wheel hop on acceleration or gear change. I think at this point I have personally now experienced (with the exception of December cold roads) all of the horror stories...conclusion, good common sense and good driving skills make the Viper an incredible driving experience...sun has come back out so now its to the garage for her first wash and wax. Have a good weekend Forum members!

Tony

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have driven my 03 SRT10 in many months and about 12000 miles of heavy Norcal rain and outside of needing to drill holes in the bottom of the airbox to keep the footwells from filling up with water, the SRT does fine in the wet. High speed twisty mountain roads in torrential downpours are no problem for this car!