The ULTIMATE posers (track pics)

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went down to the track Sunday with genXgts. Numerous top fuel dragsters and car after car running 7s, 8s, 9s, 10s and 11s. Previous to the event, we both toured the Viper plant and bought shirts from the gift shop saying:

450 HP
200 MPH
WANT SOME ?

So, we wait for our class and line up (time slip below). After waiting for 3 more hours without a second run (due to 300 cars on the track that day) we decided that it was time to go.

Of course, before we left, we just HAD to take the pictures with our shirts next to our cars. So, there we were, two of the slowest cars on the lot, me a complete novice driver (though I did get a good 60' time), proudly bearing the "want some" t-shirts, with neither of our cars having license plates as of yet (which, conicidentally makes people think that they're rented).

Posers. Total posers.

time_slip_small4_5_02.jpg

I would be the poser on the right. Yeah, so it was my first time. Bite me.

parked_back.jpg

Posers.

parked_back2.jpg

A shot with the text of the shirts. Even though you can't read it, rest assured, it says the above.

OP
OP

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As we were driving back, people were stopping and staring, taking pictures if they could.

So what made us stop in our tracks and take pics?

A photo opp with this Dodge Ram (Blue/white -- you can see a little bit of it in the second photo) w/Mopar trailer.

nose_nose1.jpg

nose_nose2.jpg

nose_nose3.jpg

Yeah, I need a better camera...

With any luck I'm going back out on Wednesday and we'll try for some better shots.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Track time for posers? Encouraging, I'm mildly impressed. But you've just raced yourself out of contention for "King Poser" which still goes to Vipermad. However, one of these days I'm going to find out that he was at a track, or even within ten miles of a track, and then his "King" status will be in jeapardy.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Tall1 and Ryan,

Nice pics. Joel of Ireland, and I went to the place of worship a few months back and got those very same T-shirts, they say it all; mines hardly been off my back! Cool pics and good to see you guys meeting up for some fun. We're at the drag strip in 2 weeks time, maybe we'll get some similar pics too! Nice Viper color duo between you.

shifter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only 1 run? too bad. Milan is quite popular since there isn't another decent track near it.

At least you are brave enough to go and admit your shortcomings (ahem).
embarass.gif

Using genXgts's mental conversion tables, he ran an 11.2 in Canadian, not bad.
biggrin.gif

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ahh, yes, finally have the ****** to post on our little track bru-ha-ha, what to say, hmmmm......

after pretending I know what the heck is going on a track, 2tall catches me searching for a cup holder off the lights and squirts me a car before you can say leaky windshield , dam, have some catching up to do......

slam 2nd gear under full juice, and execute a great 2nd to 3rd bang at full pop, and the newer, better looking, and taller owned Viper is starting to fade a bit, until 4th gear.

then my worst nightmare, top of third guessing a hundred feet out or so, maybe 150, I completely miss the 4th shift, yes, the easy one. My powershift at 5500 goes horribly wrong, and I waddle past the lights in NEUTRAL, churning some butter with my shifter in no given gear, just some general gear gnashing with the rev limiter banging around 6250 or so, what a feeling in front of the crowd, like waltzing around a full day and realizing your zipper is down, only different....

luckily I eeked out a 12.4 to 2tall's 12.7, but check out the MPH of 104, that blows in a large way, considering my 12.4 matches what the gernero mags get with the car and I missed a gear. Too bad we only had the 1 run to go with, now my days are consumed with wondering what the car would have ran had a actually found a gear to shift into, 4th being preferred, anyone toss a number out there?

Also, both our 60 foots are right at the 2.0 mark, is that decent for the first (and only) run in our Vipers, any input would be appreciated!!!

have plans to get back out Wednesday and try this all over again, you know for testing purposes
smile.gif

all in all a great day, meet some cool people that share our love of cars, and am wishing I bought a red GTS instead of blue cause 2tall gets all the ladies, and they usually use my hood as a table to give out their phone numbers to 2tall, and my key fob is uglier too
laugh.gif

check out my new sig, hoping to correct this blasphemy on Wed!
laugh.gif

OP
OP

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
True, but I have to live forever with the shame of knowing that I used my TURN SIGNAL getting into the lane.

embarass.gif

Oh, the shame...

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2tall:
True, but I have to live forever with the shame of knowing that I used my TURN SIGNAL getting into the lane.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL Using the turn signal at the track! I've done the same thing. I wonder if it should be as embarrassing as it is. At least it's a good habit.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my maiden voyage I somehow managed to hit my wiper switch. Talk about loosing all concentration while trying to watch where I was going, shifting while the **** wipers were going back and forth.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So did you guys go to Milan then? Too bad I missed it. I told you, you would be lucky if you got 2 or 3 runs in on an open track day. We will have to get together with some people I know that rent the track for a few hours so you all can get numerous runs in. I hear Milan is a lot better prepped this year. The ET's look pretty good considering the circumstances, but the MPH troubles me. It looks like GenxGTS missed 4th like he said, but maybe 2Tall let off the gas before the last marker or didn't shift into 4th? You both should have been 8-10 MPH faster in the trap speed. I am no expert, I have only been to the dragstrip 2 times myself and that was last Summer. Let's all hope to get into the 11's this Summer. Your 60' times look about as good as I got in my 2 tiems out to Milan. The track is not the best, but it's the only one around. Go figure, and we live near the Motor City.

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2tall:

embarass.gif

Oh, the shame...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did that my first time out but at the end of the run. So its blast through the traps at 117 MPH, ease on the brakes, check your mirrors and signal for the right hand turn to leave the track. I did this twice. At least there is not much of a crowd at that end of the track...

OP
OP

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

My name is Brett, and I'm a quarter mile signal user.

*Hello, Brett*

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure I actually APPLIED THE BRAKES
frown.gif
as opposed to just letting off the gas PRE-2nd marker.

What can I say... my mind is programmed to slam on the brakes after 110 MPH because I'm usually on the highway w/ the piggies.

OP
OP

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
laugh.gif
Imagine using them at the autocross...

Coming into turn X: "Gotta put on the left signal, just incase somebody thinks I'm going to the pits."

Passing: "Need to let him know I'm coming around."

laugh.gif

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Turn signals??? Vipers have turn signals? Wow! I'm gonna go look. So used to NOT using them out here (in the name of self-preservation) I didn't even think mine had them.
laugh.gif

ChrisGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have hit my turn signals and wipers on several occasions autocrossing, and I always get very embarrassed, esp. if someone was in the car with me.
Worse still is when I go to launch into the autocross and I have left my traction control on ... Always good for a laugh!
2tall, your times look great to me. I have only been to a drag strip one time with my Z06. It was in Bowling Green, slippery track so I was getting 2.3second 60' times all day. I did probably 20 runs and my best was a 13.1 @ 111mph. It surprises me that you turned a much faster ET and 60' time but maxed out at 108mph. Why is that? I assumed a Viper would round out a 1/4 mile at 115+.

OP
OP

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, you have no idea how bad you opened yourself up for a couple jabs.

But, being the nice guy that I am, I won't say anything
smile.gif

The slow 1/4 MPH was due to Ryan missing 4th and me hitting the brakes early (at/before first marker I think).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot8te