This is strange

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no parts look like that on my cars, that bent part you would think could never get alighnment corrected like that though. get some better pics

OP
OP
M

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My bad for not doing a proper inspection before buying this car. I purchased the car from Palmer Dodge. They said it had never been in a accident and had a clean carfax. Well when I removed the the side sills there was a huge dent in the muffler and the sill had a patch on the inside. The drivers front top quarter panel now has a crack (patched from the other side). And now this!!!! How can Palmer Dodge sleep at night?. Never and I mean Never would I buy any thing from them!!!! Now have to bring it into the body shop and hope it can be repaired!!!!

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That really *****...I hope you can get something worked out. Does it drive okay?

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. Interestingly, there is another current thread questioning why people don't trust dealerships... Maybe you have something to add to that thread...

Best of luck. As a side note, I have bought 2 Vipers from Roanoke and they always put it on a lift and go over the car front to back with me. Try John Gastman next time and they will spend the time to go over everything with you without you even asking.

OP
OP
M

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny thing is I was going to buy a new white Viper from Ringold. They said if I want to save some money check out the Mamba at Palmer. There is no issue with the alignment.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow, just wow. Is this even safe to drive? Maybe you should look at hiring an attorney or at least talk to one?
So I removed my diff tonight and noticed the large dent is this normal?
You must be registered for see images attach

cowger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Man. That blows! Let us know how Palmer decides to handle this...

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe dealership never removed the pan either, and had no way of knowing about the damage.

A dealership that does not inspect an expensive car like a Viper is a bad dealership. I am betting that Roanoke would have found this when they received it in on trade.

I am betting that Roanoke would have found this when they received it in on trade. Just more proof that when a person is looking to buy a Viper from a dealership they should look to the dealers that are known for Vipers first--and inspect them all on a lift with the Viper Tech and ask questions on this board if something seems strange.

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A dealership that does not inspect an expensive car like a Viper is a bad dealership. I am betting that Roanoke would have found this when they received it in on trade.
I agree 100 percent my viper came from Roanake and I inspected every inch and found no issues.

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Caveat Emptor indeed. it's odd that this damage is only visible when the pan is removed. How the hell did this cross brace get damaged? Was it a one-owner Viper?

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow.....Mamba52, this isn't my car and I'm pissed for you. I hope that you can get some type of satisfaction from Palmer Dodge. There Viper reputation is riding heavily on this case....good Luck!

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased my first 2005 Viper from them a few years ago. To my understanding, Palmer Dodge doesn't do a full inspection on the cars before selling. Their pre-owned lot is not "certified" like other dealers offer. They sell their used cars as is! When I traded in my 2003 Cobra for the 2005 Viper, I thought they were going to go over the car with a flash light to look for anything to take off the trade in value, and to my surprise, it was the easiest transaction of my life. It seemed as if I could've traded the Cobra in with a bad clutch and leaking radiator and they would have sold the car without losing any sleep. Guess that's how they do business... :dunno:

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to hear Palmer Dodge point of view before bashing or drawing conclusions. Don't get me wrong, I am sympathetic to your case, just like to know if you approached dealer and what they said. Two sides to every story. While I have not dealt with them, I have considered buying from them when I have window shopped on the net.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased my first 2005 Viper from them a few years ago. To my understanding, Palmer Dodge doesn't do a full inspection on the cars before selling. Their pre-owned lot is not "certified" like other dealers offer. They sell their used cars as is! When I traded in my 2003 Cobra for the 2005 Viper, I thought they were going to go over the car with a flash light to look for anything to take off the trade in value, and to my surprise, it was the easiest transaction of my life. It seemed as if I could've traded the Cobra in with a bad clutch and leaking radiator and they would have sold the car without losing any sleep. Guess that's how they do business... :dunno:

I have had that experience before also. Kept the car in tip-top shape and they barely looked at it. They drove it around the lot one time. It could have had lots of trouble and they would not have known it. Most of the time that means they plan on sending it to the wholesaler right away, but not always because in my case the car went right on the lot and sold within a week. Fortunately for the buyer it was a good car.

OP
OP
M

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some one knew something. It's a one owner car. Going to pull the carfax to night. The pan looks perfect so that had to be replaced at sometime.

OP
OP
M

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
OK Palmer purchased the car 02/29/2009 and I purchased it 03/27/2009. Clean carfax. I hope this can be fixed.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe 4 years later they are going to tell you to pound sand. For all they know, it happened during your ownership.Not saying you did it, but it's how I can see it going.

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had that experience before also. Kept the car in tip-top shape and they barely looked at it. They drove it around the lot one time. It could have had lots of trouble and they would not have known it. Most of the time that means they plan on sending it to the wholesaler right away, but not always because in my case the car went right on the lot and sold within a week. Fortunately for the buyer it was a good car.

That's funny! My car was moved within a week as well! They have to know some stuff... right?

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend repairing that bent bar. I'd cut it out, and replace that crossbeam with new material. Doesn't even have to be square tubing most likely, a good round tube in similar diameter should work there. Maybe take it to a chassis/race shop, not a body shop.

OP
OP
M

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend repairing that bent bar. I'd cut it out, and replace that crossbeam with new material. Doesn't even have to be square tubing most likely, a good round tube in similar diameter should work there. Maybe take it to a chassis/race shop, not a body shop.
I Agree why not make it better!!!!!. My rear tires show no sign of alighment issue's and I realize that I can't take the car back to Palmer. I still would never buy anything from them again. And if you want to purchase a Viper from them take a very good look at it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth