This should be an easy one.........

FUSCUCLA1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Came home one day parked the car didnt notice anything, the next day I realize there is water seeping out from underneath the garage door, turns out its coolant. I took the front facia off thinking I busted a hose or maybe the radiator, but the overflow bottle underneath the passenger side headlight is full to the top. If I take off the pressure cap on the coolant bottle and blow into the system the overflow bottle overflows and dumps out more coolant. Seems like its an open system so if I start the car I would imagine the increased pressure would just force out the rest of the coolant. No question that I have to drain flush and get new coolant, but is there supposed to be a shut off valve to the overflow bottle, maybe something that will reset when I start the car? Is this the result of something serious or just a boil over? Also there is a minimum marking on the overflow bottle, does it need to be filled with fresh coolant to the mark? One last thing, any recomendations on coolant and system cleaner? I live iin Southern California so I am planning on going with 50/50 water and ethylene glycol, unless someone suggests against it. Did I miss anything? Thanks in advance.