Thoughts on taking viper on vacation to Virginia Beach?

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always wanted to take my viper to the beach. I am going with the girlfriend for about 5 days around the 4th of July. I got full coverage and $0 deductible on vandalism. What are your thoughts on taking it with instead of a regular car? I am traveling about 350 miles to get there as well. I was thinking about getting one of those car covers you can lock.

OVERBOOST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the car cover or do what I did and ask the hotel if you can leave the car parked in front of the main door. They were more than happy to let me leave it in front. Taking a trip with a viper is a great experience. Defiantly take it but don't let your worry affect your trip.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The only thing I would worry about is vandalism in parking lots.

I just did 600 miles this weekend to NC and back so driving it 350 shouldnt be an issue. It does beat you up a bit more than a normal car.

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just did a 1100 mile trip. I stopped at Ocean City Maryland for a day and had no problem. I had one breakdown on the way there but I was able to fix it myself. On my next long distance trip I'll be making sure I have some VCA member contact phone numbers just in case I have problem. I had a couple phone numbers with my last trip and it was great just to have someone to talk to. I suggest you do the same. It's lonely out there with a Viper. Most garages do not want to touch them.

Just remember life is short and if you got it, flaunt it. Take you Viper and it will be a great experience. I can't wait to do another road trip with mine.

Reaction score
Who would EVER want to go to Virginia Beach?????

Oh.....

Uhh....

Where you planning on staying? Parking overnight will be your only huge concern.....pick a good hotel (MY "Viper" definition of good hotel is....private covered/monitored parking) and you'll be OK. :)

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watch out if you need to get a tow truck to tow the viper in the event you break down. Don't want him ruining your viper to.:bonker:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
have AAA and dont accept a bad wrecker. send them back till they bring a good one.

and dont sweat parking it. its just a car. park it in a decent spot away from other cars and use your head.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be aware of sand on the roads...needless to say, grip is compromised. Keep the car off the beach if you can, the sand isn't good for wheel bearings and the salt will rust your car. Otherwise, park in conspicuous locations and ENJOY yourself.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had mine at VA Beach on a Memorial Day weekend, parked at a beachfront hotel, no problems, and if you go by yourself and cruise the strip, ladies will hop in for a slow cruise down the strip (unless you're an ugly ****).

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I always wanted to take my viper to the beach. I am going with the girlfriend for about 5 days around the 4th of July. I got full coverage and $0 deductible on vandalism. What are your thoughts on taking it with instead of a regular car? I am traveling about 350 miles to get there as well. I was thinking about getting one of those car covers you can lock.

Next time go to Ocean City Md, and keep it in the garage $100 nightly (4 bdrm house) see:
http://www.nancysplaceatthebeach.50megs.com/