Time for a new transmission...

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dammit Bob! You had me hoping you found the Holy Grail of inexpensive trans rebuilds. Lol
Yeah, the input and counter shafts are the expensive parts. Plus we're still trying to figure out exactly what the hell is in my car. All the manuals show that the T56 should have a 2 piece counter shaft, but Tremec told me by 2003, the Viper spec had a single piece (like mine does). I don't know enough about it, so Brian is calling Tremec directly to sort it out.
Ballpark, what does a G-force cost? And does it drive like normal, or is it a pain for regular driving?

G-Force is indistinguishable from stock as far as driveability goes. Expensive though ($6K) and probably not warranted for a street/track car.

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, looks like I'm gonna blow the original budget I originally had in mind, but might as well do it right the first time. Stock input and counter shafts are not easy to come by right now and the price to rebuild it stock isn't cheap anyway. For not much more money, it looks like a Tranzilla built trans is going in the car now.
WITH the 5th and gear ratios changed!

Last edited:

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want to explore Tranzilla for road course use, I can put you in touch with the shop that's repaired several for a 900HP drag car. They're pretty good drag trans', I can't remember if I've heard anything negative about them for road course activity. PM me if you want the contact.