Timeslip Yesterday in Hockenheim/Germany

Matrix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here my timeslip yesterday in Hockenheim, bad 60foot time, bad grip with Pirelli 345/25/20 tires, low profile (3mm)

2006 Viper SRT 10, Paxton 7,5psi SC, DLM Belt Tensioner, DLM Intercooler and big pump, KW-Suspension, 4554 spark plugs and corsa track 2,5", secondary cats eliminated.

what are your 1/4 mile times?

You must be registered for see images

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '06 Coupe went 11.90 at 122.xx Stock.

I would've thought your MPH would be waaay higher than 126 w/ a Paxton?:dunno:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yeah,

Mph seems a bit low. Wife ran 11.7 at 129.4 mph in heads / cam 01 GTS.

Probably traction issues in 1st two or three gears.

Dan

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is traction problem. Hey Schulman, do you have traction issues w/ the Roe? W/ power coming in at 1500 rpm it seems the Roe would be hard to keep pointed straight.

usaf0016

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow but check out the 60' times, the other guy ran a 14 in the 1/4 but had a faster 60' than you, he was an AWD? thats pretty good 60 for a 14 sec. pass..

nice time on your part though!

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You should be hitting 10's. You might try working on your launches as you should be able to get 1.8 60 fts. I was pulling 2.0's and then dropped air pressure a little to about 25psi and started pulling 1.8 60's and ran consistent 11.6/11.7's. Of course I have alot less power then you,so a little easier to launch, but guys with your setup are running 10.8's and i think one guy with a little more power ran like a 10.4 on street tires. Good luck, hope you break 10's soon.

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My '06 Coupe went 11.90 at 122.xx Stock.

I would've thought your MPH would be waaay higher than 126 w/ a Paxton?:dunno:

Hamrhead, that's a great time and excellent mph for a stock viper. Congrats!

Although I have quite a bit of experience drag racing (but not in Vipers) I can't seem to get anywhere near that. Been wondering if I am doing something wrong. On factory 10 spokes and run-flats, I couldn't seem to do better than high 12s at 113 mph. It was hot out, but that still seems really off. 60' times where about 2.2.

I swithched to light weight CCRs and Sport Cups which knocked off about 72 lbs of unsprung weight and that made quite a difference; 11.9 at 118 mph (still hot out). Although that was much better it still seems off compared to what I see from others and the magazines. 60' times dropped to 1.9. The viper is a tough car to launch. Getting a lot of wheel hop if I try to leave hard.

Part of the problem seems to be the gearing which is not optimal for drag racing. At first I was shifting at redline in 1st and 2nd, then running it out in 3rd to the finish line. I would hit the finish right at 6000 rpm in third. I thought that might be what was limiting my mph, so I tried short shifting 2nd and third a little so I could get into 4th for about the last 2 seconds of the run. I did get a little more mph, but not much. ETs seemed to be about the same.

I had the car dyno'd and the numbers where healthy, so I know that isn't the problem. Could you describe your technique? I am real curious to see wht you might be doing differently.

Thanks!!

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hamrhead, that's a great time and excellent mph for a stock viper. Congrats!

Although I have quite a bit of experience drag racing (but not in Vipers) I can't seem to get anywhere near that. Been wondering if I am doing something wrong. On factory 10 spokes and run-flats, I couldn't seem to do better than high 12s at 113 mph. It was hot out, but that still seems really off. 60' times where about 2.2.

I swithched to light weight CCRs and Sport Cups which knocked off about 72 lbs of unsprung weight and that made quite a difference; 11.9 at 118 mph (still hot out). Although that was much better it still seems off compared to what I see from others and the magazines. 60' times dropped to 1.9. The viper is a tough car to launch. Getting a lot of wheel hop if I try to leave hard.

Part of the problem seems to be the gearing which is not optimal for drag racing. At first I was shifting at redline in 1st and 2nd, then running it out in 3rd to the finish line. I would hit the finish right at 6000 rpm in third. I thought that might be what was limiting my mph, so I tried short shifting 2nd and third a little so I could get into 4th for about the last 2 seconds of the run. I did get a little more mph, but not much. ETs seemed to be about the same.

I had the car dyno'd and the numbers where healthy, so I know that isn't the problem. Could you describe your technique? I am real curious to see wht you might be doing differently.

Thanks!!

Its amazing what heat and track conditions will do to your times. At VOI9 it was hot in Vegas. I ran a 12.5 @ 115 mph.
Few months later, much cooler, i went to my local track and ran some 12's and then finally high 11's all in the 123-124mph range.
Did a few more mods and changed to PS2's, but it was a little warmer at next visit to track. Ran a best of 11.6 @ 120 mph. Its really funny how much mph can vary with heat and even your launch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302