Tire Pressure System ???

grayman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just changed stock wheels for HREs. Dash now indicated low pressure warning on tires. Have non-runflats. Have read several posts on this issue and my basic question is this... Does it really matter if I have a dash indication of low tire pressure? Does it affect any other vehicle parameters? I dont see the point of a low tire pressure indication when running non-run flats. I mean, like every other car on the highway, if I get a flat I'll feel it, pull over, check the pressure and call a flatbed if necessary. An indication on the dash (with non-run flats) is kind of a "day late dollar short". Dont really see the point. Help me in the tire meaning of life?

04 SRT10 Owner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got HRE's as well. I'm installing the low pressure sensors even though the tires are pirelli's.The reason I want them is to know if I have a slower leak. Obviously if I have a blowout they do no good.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check your radio. The factory radio is tied into your ECM and when you get a warning light (like the low tire warning) it will reduce the volume on your radio. I guess that the reduction in volume is there so that you can hear the chime that accompanies the warning light.

I believe that radio volume is the only vehicle parameter that the low tire warning affects.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather