Took a look at a new Gen V yesterday.

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my dealer has called me 1/2 dozen times already to see how I like the car. Also got a call from the financial coordinator and service manager. You need to find a new "Viper" experienced dealer. MOST previous dodge dealers have sold only 1 or 2 Vipers a year and just are not experienced in selling the car. And before you say SRT should have more Viper experienced dealers try finding a good Lambo dealer in the NYC area. Also, it is too premature to voice an opinion on just sitting in the car, you need to drive it. If no one lets you test drive it you are more than welcome to drive mine.

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are you non Gen 5 owners getting your information from??? Ever try sitting in ANY lambo? Much more confined and less headroom than any Viper. The Gen V in stock form is more comfy than any previous Viper. And you can get an extra inch by removing 2 small bolts that take all of 10 seconds to remove(wonder if SRT did this intentionally). The leg room is far superior to any previous gen also.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find the comfort was similar to my gallardo. I understand the low roof issue, I'm just under six feet and I got used to it quick. If you're taller than that and it bugs u wait for the vert.

Sat in an Aventador Roadster over the weekend with the targa panels removed. Total drool. 1/2 mill on a car aint happening unless I win powerball tonite. I think 1/4 mil is my cut off on any car; can't justify spending more than that on a vehicle. Even 1/4 is alot; for that price I got TWO new models for this season.

And who needs a Ferrari when u have Ferrari seats in the new Viper anyway? Just get in, sit down, shut up & hold on!!!

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find the comfort was similar to my gallardo. I understand the low roof issue, I'm just under six feet and I got used to it quick. If you're taller than that and it bugs u wait for the vert.

Sat in an Aventador Roadster over the weekend with the targa panels removed. Total drool. 1/2 mill on a car aint happening unless I win powerball tonite. I think 1/4 mil is my cut off on any car; can't justify spending more than that on a vehicle. Even 1/4 is alot; for that price I got TWO new models for this season.

And who needs a Ferrari when u have Ferrari seats in the new Viper anyway? Just get in, sit down, shut up & hold on!!!

People were buying ferraris only for the seats? Interesting............

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I shopped a F430 Spider against a Gallardo Spider and chose the Lamborghini hands down. The bull crushes the prancing horse in styling; I even hated that cheap looking plastic rear view mirror on the F car. Plus the German engineering in the bull is so win.

Shopped the Granturismo Sport against the C4S.

Funny, I guess I didn't shop the snake against anything. I just wanted it. So I bought it. The car is really cool. Overall I recommend it if you have the means. It's so choice.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'll get a taste of the difference between a Dodge and an exotic when you bring it in for service or warranty issues.
The guy fixing the Ferrari works on Ferrari's 100% of the time.
The guy fixing the Viper works on Darts.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup which is why I'm avoiding the dealer like the plague. My personal mechanic whom serviced all of my other exotics will be servicing the V. I hear the car is really easy to work on so I'm guessing if he could handle oil filter brake flush and tires on the Lambo that he can handle it on the snake.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So your Maserati has a Ferrari engine and your Viper has Ferrari seats ! What's next ? A Fiat 500 for the Ferrari wipers ?
That's an expensive way to a F kit car ! :)