Track Day Video 9-19-11

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From last Monday with the Suburban Corvette Club of Minnesota at BIR. Knocked over 2 seconds of my previous best lap time on the 3.1 mile course. 165 mph down the front straight and 143 mph around turn 1. :omg:

We had a very good showing of Vipers. Five showed up and four made it on the track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO9D32gTfrk

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keith, nice work dropping 2 seconds! I re-wound it twice looking at the mph at the end of the dragstrip to turn 1 and turn 2, really fast going into the first sweeper! BTW, how cold was it? Saw those heavy jackets by the trailer. Load up and head to SoCal, fall season is just starting. Mike

OP
OP
V

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keith, nice work dropping 2 seconds! I re-wound it twice looking at the mph at the end of the dragstrip to turn 1 and turn 2, really fast going into the first sweeper! BTW, how cold was it? Saw those heavy jackets by the trailer. Load up and head to SoCal, fall season is just starting. Mike

That's a lot of speed going into turn 1. I raised my speed through the turn by 4 mph from last time. I know I could carry a lot more speed through there but I'm working up to it slowly. Not a good place to go off.

That clip at the end was actually shot after my first session in the morning at 9:30 and it was about 53 degrees. It was pretty chilly. Track was cold and the drag strip portion was slick. If there's any moisture on it at all, it's like ice. However, by the afternoon, the temp was 71 and you could finally go full throttle down the whole front straight. What a beautiful day. Worthy of SoCal! :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62