Track Days in March - are you coming?

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, who all here is going to Viper Days this weekend? I'd love to meet some more of you. You'll know my car -- it is the white GTS with the silver wing and black hood and front fascia. One of these days I'll get it painted. Or, you just go look for the fastest car in my class... HA! :2tu: ;)

Seriously, I am driving from San Diego, and I have 4 track days in 7 days. Here's the schedule:

Leaving Thusday night and crashing at Button WIllow.
Friday March 11th: Button Willow Race Way with Speed Ventures
Sat & Sunday March 12 - 13th : Thunderhill With Viper Days
Weds March 16th: Willow SPrings with Open Track Racing

These are all time trial events where you run at your own pace. If you have never done it, it will be one of the most fun things you have ever done.

I'm leaving town in an hour for Vegas. If you see me at the track, come say Hi.

I'm also attending the 3 day grand prix school at Bondurant (arizona) to get licensed, in case anybody has been thinking of doing that. Class starts March 24th and is for 3 days. Bondurant.com is their site.

Manny

acrdakota

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if you guys are interested or not but there is a private track day at Fontana April 8th. I know quite a few people who are heading out, should be a good time for everyone.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What track config are they running at Fontana on the 8th? Is it just the infield track (extremely short) or does it include the oval? :)

JGarrett

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Manny,

I'll be there. Please stop by, look for a Silver GTS #42. Probably by the Viper Speed Trailer.
It'll be my first time at Thunderhill. Should be fun!

Cheers,
Jim

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Sounds like fun. Thunderhill is like my favorite track, even though I've only been there once, with Viper Days. The track layout, the scenery, all told its a great place.

I probably won't get back to the track until I build a dedicated track car. Hopefully this fall.

Don't forget for turn 8 you can turn in a lot earlier than you might think. And then get back on the gas like right away. Its got a lot of camber to catch the car. I think the clever SCCA designed that turn a bit different on purpose. I did consistent 2:15s on streets with a "prepared" class car, like within a second a lap. If not for the brake fade, I would have pushed it harder. The brake pedal was going soft on my last session on Saturday. My as*shole was twitchin' like a bunny's nose- Ok, here comes the braking zone, hey, what happened to my brakes? :eek:

Have fun, and stay safe. :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery