"Track Focused"

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only street legal car with balls and attitude and the ability to back it all up! :nana:

Spdrcrj25

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the Porsche GT3 and the ZR1 have the balls and do back it up. But to say the ACR doesnt count because it's "track focused" is rediculous. hmmm.....let's see....can you buy an ACR from a dealer, register it, and take it down to the local supermarket to buy a weeks worth of groceries at night and be legal? Why yes you can. There are alot of cars on the N-ring list that are "track focused" and street legal factory production cars.

btw....really....how awesome would that be to have an ACR as your grocery getter. Bet you could make it home before the ice cream melts. LOL

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Chuck, but I gotta disagree with ya here.
Those tools....oops...I mean....writers would then be recognized as giving the ACR its 'reputation'.

One can't be bothered to do more than 4 seconds of research, and the other is a borderline plagiarist.
I wouldn't give either the time of day.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What an article. In other words, the ZR1 holds the ring record, excluding the cars that were faster. ***? It's hard to believe they even realize what they wrote, so stupid, even if I was a Viper hater, this would be stupid.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dunno about the rest of you guys but I love the new reputation. We need to embrace it, push it, promote it.

The Dodge Viper - the only track focused street legal car money can buy!

I love it.

I agree 1000 % !!! That is what sets this car apart. Embrace it ! :2tu:

"Viper - it ain't no mall cruiser - rodeo drive - cruiser car."

"Viper - it's not your grandpa's Vette."

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without seeing one in person, the ZR1 has got to be a cool car, but one would think that giving the record to the ZR1 has more to do with advertising than journalism. Even Top Gear supposedly labeled it not a regular production vehicle. Which makes you wonder, what is it then exactly?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
We had a new ZR1 at our dyno day yesterday at DC Performance. Granted, it was a hot day and none of our cars set any records.

The ZR1 made only 519 rwhp and 493 rwtq, bone stock. Just a few rwhp more than our bone stock Gen IV's made and less torque. The car was cold as it had sat for 5 or 6 hours before we dynoed it. Imagine how much power this ZR1 would loose to heat soak during a track day!

It's no wonder we regularly waste them at the track in our header / ECU Gen 4 cars!

Our club member / owner was VERY disappointed. I think he paid a bunch over window sticker.

Dan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant