Track Time - the last for the year....

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's some track time available this Sunday. 9:00 to 4:00

$200.

It looks like we'll only have a few cars so there will be lot's of open track. Please let me know if you're interested.

Greg

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Think i would be interested Greg

Steve,
The track is open the entire day - from 9:00 till 4:00 pm. Stop by anytime - just pull into the pit lane area and find me to pay. It's $200 for the day (or portion of the day). I'll be there about 8:30 just making sure everything is set up and ready to go for 9:00. You can come and go as you please - the track will be 100% open. The forecast is for 11 degrees so it should be a nice October day.

If you want I can help you set your car up a bit. I'll bring a pyromter and we can get some tire temp and pressure readings. I can also lend you my data recorder if you want. It might be interesting.

I hope to see you there Steve!

Greg

1OF76RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be great. I want to try and push my car a bit. I had one instructor in SLC that was pushing me to go faster, he said the car would handle it. Most the other instructors were only worried abut the driving line and not so much the speed. I know the driving line is probably most important but it is nice to see what the car can do. I will try to be there close to 9:00

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be great. I want to try and push my car a bit. I had one instructor in SLC that was pushing me to go faster, he said the car would handle it. Most the other instructors were only worried abut the driving line and not so much the speed. I know the driving line is probably most important but it is nice to see what the car can do. I will try to be there close to 9:00

I look forward to it!

G

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, passengers are fine. Encouraged even!

It helps if you have helmets but I always bring some spares.

Greg

BREADMAN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just talked to HSSSSSS, he is out working on some of the worst roads in the province and says that he may take the day off tomorrow and bring his new ssg acr. So i may have to bring the only yellow one from Red Deer.

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just talked to HSSSSSS, he is out working on some of the worst roads in the province and says that he may take the day off tomorrow and bring his new ssg acr. So i may have to bring the only yellow one from Red Deer.

does that car even still live?been so long since i saw it out is all i am saying.lol

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HMMMMM... break in the SSG ACR on a drive to Calgary and do track time with it???:)
Ya you bet!!!!!:headbang: Isn't that what it was made for?

See you guys/gals at the Doughnut Mill on Gasolene Alley at 7:30 tomorrow morning.:2tu:

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HMMMMM... break in the SSG ACR on a drive to Calgary and do track time with it???:)
Ya you bet!!!!!:headbang: Isn't that what it was made for?

See you guys/gals at the Doughnut Mill on Gasolene Alley at 7:30 tomorrow morning.:2tu:

good to have you back around Ron.For some reason the rest of us can never seem to get anything to a full speed with times and planning.LOL See you at 7:30am

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A huge thank you to Fireball-Greg for the awesome day at Race City in Calgary.:2tu::2tu:I now have 542 km on new ACR. Handles and drives much better after a day at the track.:headbang:

Can not think of a better way to end the year. Did not get much cruise time in this summer, but today 5 Red Deer Vipers had a fantastic time(not to mention their owners and 2 lovely ladies).:rolaugh::lmao:

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to Fireball (Greg) for the Awesome day at the track, That ride in your ACR was.................... Well I am speachless to say the least. Now Cindy wants her own ACR after the ride you gave her. All joking aside we had a Great Day :2tu::2tu:. Lets do it again next year.:D:D

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a great day too! It's nice to have some Vipers there for a change.... I'm constantly surrounded by Corvettes, so having some backup is nice.

I've been a little lazy at the track so having some Vipers around made me pick up my game a bit. I ran 1:20's most of the day with a best of 1:20.1. Not bad - especially considering the time of year.

The best part for me? The hugs I got from Cindy and Stephanie! BOOYA!:D

Next year is the last year for Race City......:( One season left.

We're electing a new city council today so hopefully there'll be an extension but it's not likely.

Anyway, I'm glad everyone had a great time!

Greg

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unbelievably - there's another track day tomorrow (Sunday Nov. 7th).

Who knew the weather would be this good?

It's an event run by Track Techniques (I will be there.....). I think the cost is $200 but, if you're interested, call me before you head out to the track. I just need to confirm that he got enough guys to run the event.

Greg
403-862-7942

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IT'S A GO!

Call me if you're going. I'm not sure of the hours but I expect that it'll run most of the day. Come whenever you want and leave when you want.

Greg

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10:30 to 5:00

I don't think we've ever been on the track this late in the year before.....

Nice!

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10:30 to 5:00

I don't think we've ever been on the track this late in the year before.....

Nice!

Sorry Greg. I was working. How did the day go. I got in at 4 pm. SUPERSNAKE (Cindy), BREADMAN (his mom), and I took a short cruise to Innisfail for supper.:drive:
Any cruise in November in Alberta is a bonus. :2tu:It is snowing here tonight and going to minus 9 C (16 F). Supposed to be minus 20 (minus 3 F) by Thursday.:( Oh well, it was definitely fun while it lasted.
At least we will have "Arctic pavement" now to run in the bush.

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did drive the ACR to work yesterday - despite the SEVERE WEATHER WARNING.

It was clear and dry all day. There's not a chance in hell that I'd even manage to get the car out of the garage today though.... Big drift right behind the garage door.

G

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude