Trade a Gen 3 for a Gen 4

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"Viper designed PS2s"

Not Goodyears like the Z06. The PS2s were designed for the Gen 4 Viper, not the ZR1.

Ted

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The difference between a Gen 4 and a modded Gen 3 (blower )is this.I can take a Gen 4 hand the guys to a professional test driver and let him beat the living hell out of it all day in 90 degree heat and the car will live.(if there is a problem its covered by Dodge ).Any time i have done the above with a supercharged car there was an issue(and i have had NUMERIOUS ones rested built by some of ther very best tuners out there ) .Resale wise there is no add on book value for things like blowers (you got 25 grand in a motor that car is not worth a dollar more in the book than a stock one.As a matter of fact MANY dealers will not touch the thing because of the blower ).

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those 2008's are very tempting..I love my yellow gen3 vert...and with 475 rwhp (about 540 HP at the engine) she is far from slow. But their is no denying that the 600 Hp. Vipers are pretty much the top of the hill..It has already been proven that same day testing a non ACR gen4 Viper can beat a ZR1 in a few categories..If anything makeing them both pretty equal..

Once my nsx and viper are sold you will see me in one of these 2008 coupes..probally SSG....But I wont take a dime under 40K for my 2003 srt10 with 34K miles....No way no how...It's bright yellow with the 2008 hood and still has warrannty plus modifications as well as safety items like the roll bar and back up camera all hooked up to a Kenwood screen...

So if it takes me 3 years to finally get a price that I DEEM FAIR for my car then until then I will be driveing it...

I would never sell my 03 quickly at 3X thousand so I could quickly buy a 2008 at 5X thousand...

Im in the same boat trying to sell a great 03 with 53K miles for another 03 with 600 miles. Dealers are a joke, im looking foe 35K and the car is modified with some nice stuff. GEV IV just a little to pricy and i have a zo6 with i just wont part with. Basically looking for a sweet cruiser.