Traded my RT/10 for a GTS!

troyrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well after purchasing my 1993 black rt/10 a year ago, I decided to trade it in last week for a mint conditioned 1996 blue and white GTS. I love the GTS! I really wanted an rt/10 a year ago, but after owning it and driving it, I really do appreciate the "improvments" made on the GTS. I miss the side exhaust, ******* driving, and the "Nascar" feel of the rt/10. But I love the less punishing ride, more refined interior, airbags, rims, in your face body style and paint job, adjustable clutch, lack of rattles, windows, exterior door handles, and the cooler running engine of the GTS. Just to name a few! OH yea and the extra power is nice too.
I WAS a loyal Gen 1 advocate, but now I have seen the light.HAHA!

Just some FYI.
When I purchased my rt/10 a year ago I paid $7,000 LESS than the trade-in I recieved when I purchased the GTS! That's a profit! My rt/10 had 40,000 miles on it and 5 previous owners and had some corrected minor body damage. But it did have the new heads, new fuel pump module, hard top/hard glass windows, and service records. Maybe these early vipers are starting to be worth more??? My GTS hat 16,000 miles, 2 previous owners, mint condition, and passed a leak down test with flying colors, and the difference in price was just a hair over $10,000 in the GTS favor. Go figure!

Proud Viper Owner!

OP
OP
T

troyrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys! This Viper community is AWESOME!
I will get some pics and post very soon. Also one great advantage to trading a viper for a viper is you can take off all the mods you already purchased and put them on the new one!

Lefty Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's great news on the RT/10! I'm a little biased but I'll stick with my RT. You can't go wrong with a Viper!

JeffM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You got the B&W at Hovey in San Antonio didnt you? What was the selling price if you don't mind me asking?

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well after purchasing my 1993 black rt/10 a year ago, I decided to trade it in last week for a mint conditioned 1996 blue and white GTS. I love the GTS! I really wanted an rt/10 a year ago, but after owning it and driving it, I really do appreciate the "improvments" made on the GTS. I miss the side exhaust, ******* driving, and the "Nascar" feel of the rt/10. But I love the less punishing ride, more refined interior, airbags, rims, in your face body style and paint job, adjustable clutch, lack of rattles, windows, exterior door handles, and the cooler running engine of the GTS. Just to name a few! OH yea and the extra power is nice too.
I WAS a loyal Gen 1 advocate, but now I have seen the light.HAHA!

Hate to state the obvious, but you could have gotten a *Gen II* RT/10, which has all of those improvements, also (I.e., they're not limited to the GTS :cool: ).

Congrats on your new Viper!

OP
OP
T

troyrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah but he wouldn't have the kick ass lines of the GTS!!!

YEP!!!

I think I'll keep the troyrt10 because she will always be my FIRST love!

Wayne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your GTS...almost odd how diff. the cars really are, isnt it?

I too went from the RT to the GTS.
Have to say after owning both, I do favor the GTS.
Having said that, I can also tell you that I miss the open air feel at times...loved the wide flat stance of the RT ...and loved that brash, brute ride of the RT that reminds you it was truly a race car for the street.

Likewise, the GTS does have a more solid and stable feel and eliminates the never ending battle with the "tops" that I had with the RT. It also has far less 'rattles/noises' and lends to far more possabilities for that thumping bass...without loosing a footwell.

After having both, I am at least now decided on the stripe/no stripe issue...RT's (IMHO) look best without...GTS (IMHO) look best with :D
At the end of the day...I find that I want....Both!
I seem to be talking myself into a gen 1 RT more every day...maybe a yellow 95 :2tu: ...or white/blue "96" :cool:

Anyways, congrats...let us know how they stack up for you...both are awsome cars. :usa:

wesman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wayne,

I need to see the new one sometime. You should come out to Firewater for the TALON monthly on Wed night.

--wes

Wayne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Wes,
Will make a point of trying to make that tomorrow night, hope to see you there.

OP
OP
T

troyrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing that I really like better about the GTS, besides what I have already listed, is the lack of Squeaks and Rattling that I experienced in my rt/10. I really don't miss the ******* driving as much as I thought I would. But I do like driving around with my windows down. Go figure. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow. If I can remember how!

OP
OP
T

troyrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I added some pics to my gallerie. Just a few quick ones! I'm not sure how to make them come up in the actual post but at least I got them uploaded to may gallerie. I'm not a total failure. Right???HA!HA!

Can someone explain how to upload the pictures into the actual post? :confused:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang