Trailer hitch on a Viper?!

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a good one. I'm on I95 in Ct. heading northbound about 6PM in Norwalk and I see a blue gts with white strips I think and I think also racing decals driving southbound towing a small aluminum trailer. :omg: I didn't see it long enough to see a licence plate. Does any one know who it might be? I was horrified to see a viper towing a trailer, I thought it's usually the other way around, with the viper on a trailer. :nono: I realize they don't have much trunk space, but a trailer hitch on a viper? :crazy2: Has any one done this and would you put a hitch on your viper and tow something, maybe a dead vette? :rolaugh: You'll never see a hitch on my viper, that's for sure! :drive:

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A hitch on a viper? That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. Maybe maw and paw hit the lottery and still needed to haul around all their chickens...

Reminds me of when you see an old station wagon hauling a trailer home or camper...

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been done. In fact, someone made a trailer out of a GenII rear-end and trailered it to track events. I've been putting together a small trailer to carry my wheels, jack, tools, etc. for track events. Not uncommon at all. If I ever get a boat someday, you may see me pulling a boat with the Viper towards L.I. sound.

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
A guy was out at Pocono last year for the NJVCA track event with a small trailer that he towed with his Viper. The trailer was big enough for his track tires, jack and tool box. I thought it was a prety cool idea. The other day I'm on my way to work at 4:30 am. and I pass a Porsche with car #'s etc pulling a small trailer with his track tires and gear. He must have been on his way to LIme Rock for a PDA event. I saw a Noble with a small trailer at Lime Rock once as well. So they are out there and a low cost alternative to a tow vehicle and full size trailer

Dave

Last edited:

LiquoRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some pics from the gallery.

813IMG_0611.JPG

352rearhitch.jpg

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are the two above pieces put together on a Viper mission to the UP of Mich a couple years ago. Yes, that is the good Father himself. The other 2 pics were taken at his Toy Barn......at a secretive location ....deep in the lower peninsula northwoods. :2tu:

Steve

IMG_1264.JPG

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, so it's been done before, and more than once as I see. The red viper trailer is actually kind of cool. As many people have posted the viper is a race car, I don't think race cars have trailer hitches. If it's your car, you can do whatever you want, it's just my opinion that's it's inappropriate and doesn't look very nice either.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21