Trailer Question

Jerry Walker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A good friend of mine,and a VCA member, is looking at buying an all aluminum Trailex enclosed trailer. He asked me to post on here, for him,to see if there are any owners of this type of trailer, he could talk to ,about any pros or cons concerning this trailer.

Thanks for any help.

OP
OP
J

Jerry Walker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a damn nice looking trailer,but he wants an all aluminum trailer,and he does realize it will be more expensive.

Thanks

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The nice thing about the Trailex trailer is that you can put it in a garage, as it's compact, it's also very light and able to be towed with a pretty small SUV. Great for show cars, not so great for track events, etc.

If that's not an issue, try Featherlite. You can get one much cheaper and you'll always want more room to haul stuff. They are now doing a v-nose 24' all aluminum (with extruded floor) trailer for about $10K. Call Squire at www.goldengait.com and he can hook you up. Trust me.

OP
OP
J

Jerry Walker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The nice thing about the Trailex trailer is that you can put it in a garage, as it's compact, it's also very light and able to be towed with a pretty small SUV. Great for show cars, not so great for track events, etc.

If that's not an issue, try Featherlite. You can get one much cheaper and you'll always want more room to haul stuff. They are now doing a v-nose 24' all aluminum (with extruded floor) trailer for about $10K. Call Squire at www.goldengait.com and he can hook you up. Trust me.
I will pass this on,Janni

Thanks

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know of one person that had a problem with a Trailex trailer. He doesn't post though.
Any idea of the type of problem ?

I think it was Vern Hill's trailer. You can call Larry Macedo and ask him the details. I beleive he was traveling with them from the V-10 Nationals in Columbus when they had a problem with it.

OP
OP
J

Jerry Walker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know of one person that had a problem with a Trailex trailer. He doesn't post though.
Any idea of the type of problem ?

I think it was Vern Hill's trailer. You can call Larry Macedo and ask him the details. I beleive he was traveling with them from the V-10 Nationals in Columbus when they had a problem with it.
Thanks for the reply,will pass this on.

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It was Vern's trailer, I don't know the details but the trailer ended up totaled. Vern did not replace it with another Trailex. Gary Solsty knows the details as well as larry Macedo

OP
OP
J

Jerry Walker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was Vern's trailer, I don't know the details but the trailer ended up totaled. Vern did not replace it with another Trailex. Gary Solsty knows the details as well as larry Macedo
Thanks for the reply.