Travel Details on Midwest Regional Rendezvous

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are only a few days away from the sold-out event and I have a few details to pass along. I have been told that I-80/94 in Indiana is torn up west of I-65. This area is normally a pain so i can only imagine how bad it can be if it's torn up. I have looked at the alternate of taking the Skyway in to bypass it but that means going into downtown chicago and then heading out west a long way. Don't do it! Stay on I-80/94 and wait it out. It shouldn't take that much longer and you will be very close to the hotel once you get past 294 interchange. Remember you are exiting I-80 at Harlem Ave north (I-43) exit number 148 B.

Route-66 has moved up the Drag Racing to a start time of 1:00 p.m. so you should plan on being at thew track around 11:30 to get through tech. It can be somewhat time consuming but it depends upon how many of the Viper contingent plans on running the 1/4 mile. If anyone has any specific questions just e-mail me at [email protected].

Looks like it's going to kind of warm this week so plan accordingly with your packing and departure times.

RoyV101621

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking to join a caravan or create one.
There our no parks in the area of the I.65 - US.30 interchange but there is the semi-vacant Century Mall with the closed Monkey Wards.
I'm willing to lead a caravan thought the state line and around the 80/94 construction if any one is interested. The route will be suburban ( meaning stop lights, slower speed limits and only adequate scenery ) but it will be less time at engine idle. The route would be mostly US.30 with a Ford Heights bypass.
Time saved, if any, is not likely.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte