Treating Faded Seats

NVBostwick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been scouring the market for a Gen 3 for the last 7-8 months and finally came upon one that I am finalizing the purchase of next weekend (04 Black Mamba).
Everything seems to be in great shape, except the seat inserts (in the bottom/back, not the leather) have been faded (picture from seller attached), most likely from being stored outside (not just wear and tear of driving).
Curious what/if there's anything to be done to treat them and/or restore them.

Any advice, help for a new owner would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Attachments

• viper seat faded.jpg
    viper seat faded.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 15

Mamba_153

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out leatherrenew (.com) products, some acquaintances have used them. Fortunately, my 2005 seats are great, so I've not needed to re-colorize them. Send info on what you choose and pictures of your results.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I've never really managed to find any good care info for the insert parts of the seats. I imagine they are either suede or alcantara. You can find some info on how to deal with suede, but less so for alcantara. Generally speaking if it has sat outside I would assume it has just sun bleached to some degree, so I would think you're probably looking at a re-dye if you want to get the color darker. Not sure what is out there for that, but guessing someone probably has something.

tednphx

VCA Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Your best bet would be to remove seats (reasonably easy) and have a good upholsterer replace the inserts with new material. After you get your mamba, could you give me a call at (623)640-5532, I have some questions about the car.

phangz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure you will get an answer from one of the experts on this forum. But as for me, I'm having both my seats reupholstered. Just got off the phone with them a few minutes ago as a matter of fact. Attached is a photo of what the end result should look like. Nonetheless, best of luck and I hope you enjoy the new ride!

Attachments

• Pleaded Seats_2.jpg
    Pleaded Seats_2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 16