Trick to removing A column trim on drivers side

TrapperJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be ordering the shop manual on monday. If you know how to remove the A piller inside trim it would be a great help in case there's a trick to it. I want to tie into the wires within for my radar detector and visor homelink transmitter. John

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be ordering the shop manual on monday. If you know how to remove the A piller inside trim it would be a great help in case there's a trick to it. I want to tie into the wires within for my radar detector and visor homelink transmitter. John

On what kind of car??:rolleyes:

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I recall (my 2004 Mamba Vert) you remove the dash speaker grill(driver's side); pull off the rubber window seal abutting the Pillar cover.....pull firmly top & bottom and they should pry off....they are held by plastic fastners.....I do not recall any screws,ect....

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll try to help you out here: This is from the 2008 Service Manual. It appears I can't get the picture to copy over.
A1998
REMOVAL

NOTE: Convertible trim panel shown. Coupe Similar.

Basically it shows that you remve the trim screws at the top of the windshield (where the visors are), remove that piece first then the side pieces, that are snapped into place

1. Open the door.
2. Remove the screw and retainer at the top of the trim.
3. Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, remove the trim panel.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doug Chase