Troubling Dyno results for Stock 2006???

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I'll send a message to both Joe and Dan and see if they might be able to give some input here.

Thanks again and if anyone else can add anything it is much appreciated.!

Good luck guy, only trying to help. Joe and Dan will help you out. Me I don't know squat but they do...

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another thing to keep in mind is that on the 06 cars, when they reach a certain temp, the car starts dumping more fuel to protect the cats. This was on the 06 cars but not the earlier years

OP
OP
MuscleJunkie

MuscleJunkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another thing to keep in mind is that on the 06 cars, when they reach a certain temp, the car starts dumping more fuel to protect the cats. This was on the 06 cars but not the earlier years

So is there a "workaround" to that? Is it necessary?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Assuming no mechanical issues, sounds like a PCM issue. You may want to contact Dan at DC Performance.

Lack of timing and too much fuel will adversely affect torque like this.

Dan

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Assuming no mechanical issues, sounds like a PCM issue. You may want to contact Dan at DC Performance.

Lack of timing and too much fuel will adversely affect torque like this.

Dan

What he said, Dan or Joe will be able to look at that gragh and get you on the right path.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Running the 170 thermostat and the mod to the PCM will prevent the rich fuel issue

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with this! Note, we'll be having some club dyno events in the fall, so you can try some more runs then with hopefully better environmental conditions.

OP
OP
MuscleJunkie

MuscleJunkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard back from Mr. Dell and he gave me one place to try to find out some more info on this.

John - thanks for chiming in. You know we might consider going to TurboTune (the place I told you about). If you need their contact info let me know.

OP
OP
MuscleJunkie

MuscleJunkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, thanks to Mr. Dell, I was pointed in the right direction to speak with someone who seemed to have a good idea of what might be causing my problem. As soon as the weather clears up I am off to the dealer to have my front 02 sensors(??) replaced and go from there.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, thanks to Mr. Dell, I was pointed in the right direction to speak with someone who seemed to have a good idea of what might be causing my problem. As soon as the weather clears up I am off to the dealer to have my front 02 sensors(??) replaced and go from there.

Thats why Joe is Joe, and whomever he sent you to is who they are. Good luck man.........keep us posted so we can all learn something from this.

Dyno Dave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How high were the intake charge temperatures? The engine becomes more knock sensitive with elevated temperatures and pulls spark and adds fuel to compensate. If I remember correctly this starts to happen about 95 degrees F intake charge temp.

Chassis dynos are notorious for not having adequate cooling fans. Take it back on a nice 60 degree day and see what happens.

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't know if this has any bearing on the conversation but my 2005's TPS reads 86% when the go pedal is floored.

Not sure if that is a problem when car is dynoed (I've only had my 04 Cobra dynoed so far) but if so, you might want to check the TPS with a scan tool and see what it reads.

If this information is irrelevant, then I apologize in advance.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if this has any bearing on the conversation but my 2005's TPS reads 86% when the go pedal is floored.

Not sure if that is a problem when car is dynoed (I've only had my 04 Cobra dynoed so far) but if so, you might want to check the TPS with a scan tool and see what it reads.

If this information is irrelevant, then I apologize in advance.

Sounds like you need to reset the TPS on the PCM. Turn key on, depress pedal. Turn key off, start and enjoy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4