Trunk locked closed help !!!

1BADD SNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was replacing the key fob trunk unlocking mechanism removed it from inside the trunk, when the trunk closed. Now I cant open it period with the key. Any idea's ? This doesn't look good. Please Help ! 2003 SRT Conv.:crazy2:

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happened to me once, too. I know how to open it very easily(ref the service manual), not doing the trunk release thing, I think that only is an option on coupes. If you still don't have it solved, shoot me a PM and I'll tell you how to "hot wire" it, since it's a major security issue, I don't want to post it on the open forum, as it makes getting into a viper trunk a 30 sec project with no tools.
Dave.

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PM him, you can do it with a 12" piece of wire. The grailkeeper personally 'broke' into mine when I set my keys down in my trunk.

Blue08vpr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I locked my key in the trunk I have 2004 Conver. Can you please call me at 903-520+2549 my name is Todd I'm with North Texas Viper Club.

Gun it

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Steve! And special thank you to MinterChris (spelling?) for calling me quick with the solution!!

Clyde

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate to be a tag-along, but I too would like this info PM'd to me. Thanks in advance! It would be priceless if needed...

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, just noticed this thread and I got a few *** on this info. I shoot *** to those who reached out.

My only problem is it's been a few yrs and I gave away my service manual / wiring diagram when I sold my Gen3, and I know the Gen4 is slightly different & I've not played with it on mine, but maybe I will this weekend to confirm it. But I'll provide info I know and you can figure the rest with the help of a wiring referenece, dealer, etc. Sorry I didn't notice this sooner or the *** sooner, I'm obviously spending too much time in the GenV forum, lol.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang