TSB on 2005 SRT-10's...

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TSB on 2005 SRT-10\'s...

Good morning! For those of you folks that already have a 2005 you may be interested in this: I noticed that my engine is a little "rough" over 5,000 RPMs, especially after 5700. That roughness even showed up on my bone-stock dyno sheet (below). It almost seems like the car is cutting out at higher RPMs. Turns out I was correct! So here is the DC Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) which offers "improved engine performance" - no arguments here:

NUMBER: 18-039-04
GROUP: Vehicle Performance
DATE: October 13, 2004

SUBJECT: Flash: Improved Engine Performance At Engine Speeds Over 5000 RPM

OVERVIEW: This bulletin involves selectively erasing and reprogramming the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) with new software.

MODELS: 2005 (ZB) Viper

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before October 1, 2004 (MDH 1001XX - and includes ALL VCA Edition Vipers - ed)

SYMPTOM/CONDITION: The following enhancements are included with this software:
· Improved engine performance at engine speeds over 5000 RPM
The vehicle operator may describe the engine as running rough at engine speeds over 5000 RPM

DIAGNOSIS: Using a Scan Tool (DRBIII®) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures Manual, verify all engine systems are functioning as designed. If DTCs are present record them on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.

I have the full bulletin if anybody needs some good reading to take a nap. They allot .8 hours of time for this, and previous experience with my 2003 (different TSB involving a reflash) showed it could be done in 15 minutes or so. Here is what it looked like on my dyno graph in September:

You must be registered for see images

Hope this is helpful!

Chris

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte