Twin Turbo Kit?

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has seen this ad, I searched our forum but don't think anyone has posted on this yet. Anyone have any thoughts on this kit for sale?...

Twin Turbo Kit For Sale

Granted, need to source the rest of the parts to complete the kit, but this vendor seems to have gotten the hard part done. It seems like an awesome deal and an opportunity to have a great TT kit for the money. But we all know if it seems too good to be true, it usually is. Thoughts???

Jason
Hampton Roads, VA

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this has been discussed before, either here or on VA.
Most agree that it could be a good starting point for a complete DIY project. It doesn't include the cheap turbos that they used to sell with it. In fact they were selling an entire kit for $2000, I think. They also had some pics of it installed, but IIRC, they were not their own and had to remove them.
For $500 you get a lot of aluminum and steel, I just don't know how much more modifying and welding you would have to do to make it work/fit.

OP
OP
J

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So what is the consensus? Has anyone taken the plunge and tried it?

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes, it fits. but I am still not sure about the turbo oil drain system on this. I helped install one on a customers car, but he has not finished the fuel upgrade or oil drain yet. The inner cooler is pretty nice. If you could get the kit for $500 (minus turbos) then its a pretty good deal. You can figure you will need at least $4000 in other parts (turbos, BOV, wastegates) if you went with decent brands. This system uses the stock exhaust manifolds so the turbos are a little lower (can only use t3/t4 hybreds) That limits the power and you have to use electric pumps to return the oil. This is like the early HMS design. Most new sidemount installs have special exhaust manifolds that allow larger turbos and higher mounting for gravity drain into the oil pan. By the time your done with this kit you would have 700 hp and $6K plus your labor.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes, it fits. but I am still not sure about the turbo oil drain system on this. I helped install one on a customers car, but he has not finished the fuel upgrade or oil drain yet. The inner cooler is pretty nice. If you could get the kit for $500 (minus turbos) then its a pretty good deal. You can figure you will need at least $4000 in other parts (turbos, BOV, wastegates) if you went with decent brands. This system uses the stock exhaust manifolds so the turbos are a little lower (can only use t3/t4 hybreds) That limits the power and you have to use electric pumps to return the oil. This is like the early HMS design. Most new sidemount installs have special exhaust manifolds that allow larger turbos and higher mounting for gravity drain into the oil pan. By the time your done with this kit you would have 700 hp and $6K plus your labor.
not bad considering the Roe S/C just went up a grand$$

I bet spool up would be quick with those small turbos

could you post some pics of the setup when its finished?

OP
OP
J

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mmmm, that's very interesting. I wonder if one of our other vendors who do TTs would be willing to sell a set of turbo headers. Would have to retrofit them with the kit to account for the higher mounted turbos but that shouldn't be a big deal.

Dansauto, would $6k include an AEM or VEC, or would that be additional?

Sounds doable, especially if it comes in at $10k or less. Would require a bit more work with no support since you'd be a true DIY kit, but would be cool to make it happen. Anyone up to the challenge? There are 3 available.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
split second piggy back is the cheapest (less than $500) and only a boost-a-pump and larger injectors for the fuel upgrade and your still around $6k plus labor

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
split second piggy back is the cheapest (less than $500) and only a boost-a-pump and larger injectors for the fuel upgrade and your still around $6k plus labor
Well I already have a VEC3 and a BAP, so I'm ahead right there.

Is the exhaust 3"?

Last edited:

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That kit is pure junk , don't waste your time. It has been around for years and still nobody can make one work worth a damn. Might as well just hold the go pedal to the floor till it blows.......

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that kit would be pure aggravation unless you are a decent fabricator and understand how a TT should be setup.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
right Simms, i see this being a year+ long project and in the end all the time&labor spent on it would end up costing more than just sending your viper off to one of our vendors and having the setup done in less than a month without the headache.

I Love working on my own cars, but Hate neverending projects as the opportunity "FUN" cost of the car being Off the road for long is to much for me to handle.:drive:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang