Two new cars will be announced at VOI 8

ohiodoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard from a source that dodge is going to unveil two brand new cars at the VOI 8. I bet one of them is the new Viper GTS. Hopefully the other one will be the Charger.

426Hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hrm. Wonder if the second one will be the SRT-8. If the SRT-10 Coupe isn't one of the cars shown, someone should be shot.

426Hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope it isn't the SRT-6, I mean that already has commericals. Wouldn't be much of an unveiling.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope it isn't the SRT-6, I mean that already has commericals. Wouldn't be much of an unveiling.

Doah!! See what I miss while I am out of the Country so much!
Maybe it's an SRT-4 then! Haha... :p

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could care less about them unveiling any other car at the VOI except a Coupe version of the SRT-10. I don't go there to get a sneek peek at upcoming other Dodge products.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could care less about them unveiling any other car at the VOI except a Coupe version of the SRT-10. I don't go there to get a sneek peek at upcoming other Dodge products.
Ditto!

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard from a source that dodge is going to unveil two brand new cars at the VOI 8. I bet one of them is the new Viper GTS. Hopefully the other one will be the Charger.

It will be the Charger. It has already been stated that it will make its debut in Necktell Cup next year at the Daytona 500.

You see, watching Neckcar does come in handy, right two Vipers Chuck? :D

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Don't mean to sound bitter, but thats exactly how I feel too.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I just hope to hell that whatever cars they are you can get them in WHITE!!!!!!!!

That and hopefully Chrysler plans to enter them in drifting competitions!

LOL! what an satirical guy! heh heh.... :D

RalphieViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I met a guy in Cancun that is working on the 2005 GTS. Said its worth waiting for!

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone think that a SRT coupe with a favorable design will have any effect on the prices of the GTS? Anyone think there will be a mass selloff of the GTS to get the new SRT coupe (again, assuming they design it correctly)?

LIRacer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Depends where they price it. If the number is in the $80k range, then a lot of peopel won't be able to make that stretch. Those who can can probably afford to keep there old GTS and get the '05 anyway.

I think the new SRT-10 vert looks like crapola anyway.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK.... now lets hope they put a 8.3 Liter Hemi V10 in it. Hemi heads on a V10 should be able to get close to 600hp naturally.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt they'd show the new Charger at VOI8. I believe they're going to have the new Viper coupe and the quad cab Ram SRT-10 (featuring an automatic trans).

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone think that a SRT coupe with a favorable design will have any effect on the prices of the GTS? Anyone think there will be a mass selloff of the GTS to get the new SRT coupe (again, assuming they design it correctly)?

I think prices may drop a bit for the GTS if the SRT coupe comes out. I won't sell my GTS for one though.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Depends where they price it. If the number is in the $80k range, then a lot of peopel won't be able to make that stretch. Those who can can probably afford to keep there old GTS and get the '05 anyway.

I think the new SRT-10 vert looks like crapola anyway.
I tend to agree. A killer SRT coupe with 550-600 HP priced at 80-90k probably will not affect the $32-55K GTS.

426Hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A HEMI Viper? Now that's somthing to drool over. I have long thought of dropping a 426 HEMI in a Cobra replica. That would be a handful. It would be cool to see custom HEMI COBRA emblems. Anyone have a line on what the Charger will look like.

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be a bit early to announce the coupe and kill '05 SRT-10 sales? Does anyone think the coupe will come before the 2006 model year? If the coupe comes as an '06, I wouldn't expect to hear about it 'til the beginning of '05, maybe at the Detroit show in January.

How and when did they roll out the GTS?

Chad

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Charger prototype was at the Detroit Auto show a couple of years ago. At that time, it had a supercharged 360 CI engine and the rear looked like the familiar '68 Charger with the classic "Coke bottle" design. Grille was different, more modernized, and the engine will now be "Can you say Hemi?"

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Charger prototype was at the Detroit Auto show a couple of years ago. At that time, it had a supercharged 360 CI engine and the rear looked like the familiar '68 Charger with the classic "Coke bottle" design. Grille was different, more modernized, and the engine will now be "Can you say Hemi?"

That was '99 and supposedly that project was killed in '00 or '01. I've heard that the new Charger may have some cues from the '99 concept (mostly the back end of the car) and I've also heard that none of the '99's styling cues are in the new car. There are alot of rumors surrounding the Charger and not many facts. One thing I'm fairly certain of is that it will unfortunately be a four door.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery